Is this Clear?

Ribbod

May 30, 2018
Marietta/ga
After seeing a few posts on "Clear Pools", I dont know If Im there yet.. Been Slamming for 3 weeks and performing OCLT test tonight, but not sure if I'm "there" yet...

Last edited:

Msch99

Gold Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Jun 11, 2018
Verona, MO
Nice job maintaining ~16 ppm for the slam! Looks like CC was zero to day. I bet you are good!

Does the water seem cloudy, is that your concern? If it is staying cloudy, check your lights/niches/ladder supports etc for a hidden source of algae.

Reactions: Ribbod

bmoreswim

Mod Squad
Gold Supporter
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 16, 2012
Central MD
Ha, if you had to think about asking, it probably isn’t clear. :) Clear looks like there is no water in the pool when it’s still. Seeing the screw head on the main drains. Telling head or tails on a quarter in the deep end. You get the picture. You’ll get so spoiled once it’s done (and clear) you’ll pity the algae that dares mess with you.

Reactions: Ribbod and NorCalX

Ribbod

May 30, 2018
Marietta/ga
Nice job maintaining ~16 ppm for the slam! Looks like CC was zero to day. I bet you are good!

Does the water seem cloudy, is that your concern? If it is staying cloudy, check your lights/niches/ladder supports etc for a hidden source of algae.
Thank you :) I passed the OCLT test this morning, 0 CC, I can see the quarter at the bottom of the deep end but at 9 feet, I can't tell if its heads or tails.. I have no stairs, no lights, no main drain only a metal ladder and there are no issues there...

I think I'm going to to turn on SWG and let FC drift down, adjust CYA to 70-80 and maintain FC on the higher end and hopefully it will continue to clear- I.m sure PH will need to be adjusted as well.

Reactions: Msch99

duraleigh

Admin
Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
In The Industry
Apr 1, 2007
Sebring, Florida
I think I'm going to to turn on SWG and let FC drift down, adjust CYA to 70-80 and maintain FC on the higher end and hopefully it will continue to clear- I.m sure PH will need to be adjusted as well.
That's a good plan. Run your pump 24/7 for another day or so. Added filtration will often get you crystal clear.

Reactions: Ribbod