kristenthegiant

Apr 12, 2020
Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
This is my first post, and I can’t tell you how thankful I am for this community. We had some algae and started a slam. Usually, the slam clears everything up, but there are some stubborn black stains. I think it might be black algae and have been brushing it a few times a day with a steel brush while maintaining shock levels with liquid chlorine. Here’s a side-by-side picture taken on Day 2 (left) and Day 4/today (right). It looks like there has been some improvement, but I reaching out for feedback to make sure I am doing the right thing here. Do you think we are on track?

Attachments

• 021E45DB-B7D6-4FF9-84CF-7288542F79F6.jpeg
    021E45DB-B7D6-4FF9-84CF-7288542F79F6.jpeg
    676.5 KB · Views: 36
Welcome to TFP.

Gently scrape a sample of the suspected black algae with your fingernail and then smudge it on plain white paper. If the smudge scrapes off and is a greenish color, then it’s black algae.

Reactions: kristenthegiant
Welcome to TFP.

Gently scrape a sample of the suspected black algae with your fingernail and then smudge it on plain white paper. If the smudge scrapes off and is a greenish color, then it’s black algae.

Thank you for the tip!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.