Fort Mill, SC
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Opinions, please. Would the nicks on the travertine facing the inside the pool drive you nuts? Or, am I way too picky?

Attachments

• 55CF6792-8E52-4F92-B2C3-C5F8A0BAD9E3.jpeg
    55CF6792-8E52-4F92-B2C3-C5F8A0BAD9E3.jpeg
    27.9 KB · Views: 216
  • 63C4C24E-3DE1-47CA-8F71-7E446EF46B32.jpeg
    63C4C24E-3DE1-47CA-8F71-7E446EF46B32.jpeg
    25.5 KB · Views: 214
  • BA9D513F-3AA2-4473-9B68-E92D77E46267.jpeg
    BA9D513F-3AA2-4473-9B68-E92D77E46267.jpeg
    25.6 KB · Views: 206
  • 872DD94F-4598-4272-A5EF-8B9C5EFF35EF.jpeg
    872DD94F-4598-4272-A5EF-8B9C5EFF35EF.jpeg
    24.3 KB · Views: 194
They should fill them with grout. One of ours had the little hole in it but didn’t have the corner like that. The hole will be fine but I if we’re me I’d want the piece with the corner cut replaced.

Reactions: borjis
Not too picky. You have to look at it, not the PB. I felt like that too about the chipped waterline tiles I kept marking. But I told myself, I wouldn't be able to live with it without being upset.

--Jeff

They should fill them with grout. One of ours had the little hole in it but didn’t have the corner like that. The hole will be fine but I if we’re me I’d want the piece with the corner cut replaced.
Thank you! The pieces with the nicks were supposed to be strategically placed away from the pool and in a low traffic area.
Not too picky. You have to look at it, not the PB. I felt like that too about the chipped waterline tiles I kept marking. But I told myself, I wouldn't be able to live with it without being upset.

--Jeff
Chipped waterline tile would drive me nuts too. Thanks for replying.

Also, it’s your pool. Our company always did exactly what we wanted. These bother you so just ask them to replace them. Very easy to do. Better to replace now when it’s easy then wish you had later.
I pointed this out and asked for them to be fixed. As a result I was yelled at by the sub. Fun times.

I pointed this out and asked for them to be fixed. As a result I was yelled at by the sub. Fun times.
Yelled at but fixed, though not ideal, solves the issue. Tough skin, though not required, is helpful.

Reactions: jtpipkin
Yelled at but fixed, though not ideal, solves the issue. Tough skin, though not required, is helpful.
Yelled at and not fixed! New crew here today. I have 0 tolerance for screaming and bullying. 100% inappropriate. Am also a leader at a Company and I have a very thick skin.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hey, give me his number. I'll call that guy, too!! 🤪

Is this after you selected and laid them out for the guy, like we discussed?

My interior travertine develops nicks and pocks as I walk on it. I was told (by my stone guru), to fix those with epoxy. He did some of them for me, and left me the stuff for when it happens again. It's a two-part epoxy with color tinting stuff that does a good job of disguising the patch. If they won't replace the offensive tiles, they can be fixed after the fact. I would use the tinted epoxy before using grout, so you might consider that before asking them to just grout the holes...

Reactions: ald2002
Hey, give me his number. I'll call that guy, too!! 🤪

Is this after you selected and laid them out for the guy, like we discussed?

My interior travertine develops nicks and pocks as I walk on it. I was told (by my stone guru), to fix those with epoxy. He did some of them for me, and left me the stuff for when it happens again. It's a two-part epoxy with color tinting stuff that does a good job of disguising the patch. If they won't replace the offensive tiles, they can be fixed after the fact. I would use the tinted epoxy before using grout, so you might consider that before asking them to just grout the holes...
YES! There is a new crew here today and a wonderful project manager. They are awesome. They pulled every piece of Travertine and are reinstalling. They are measuring everything and will fill the holes with grout and replace the pieces with cuts. Today is a much better day! Thanks for your help. I will ask about the tinted epoxy.

Reactions: Dirk and Mdragger88
some of those coping tiles are not aligning either... I would ask them to redo it
Thank you! The new crew arrived this morning. They removed EVERY piece and are starting over. The mason showed me his measuring technique to ensure alignment.

Yay! Now we're talkin'...
FINALLY! What do I need to worry about next? Decking? Equipment? I am getting a price for the Pentair Intelliflo VS to replace the Pentair Superflo VS 1.5 since I am getting the Easy Touch SWG. Sales person said there is no need to upgrade.

FINALLY! What do I need to worry about next? Decking? Equipment? I am getting a price for the Pentair Intelliflo VS to replace the Pentair Superflo VS 1.5 since I am getting the Easy Touch SWG. Sales person said there is no need to upgrade.
There are a few different versions of the ET there is a 4, an 8 and a lite version...You DON'T want the lite version! 🤘

Reactions: ald2002
Get the model number of the EasyTouch (ET). Be sure it does not have an "L" in it. Stands for "Lite" and you absolutely do not want the "Lite" version. You want the model with the SWG transformer built in, and the circuit breakers built in. "Easy Touch SWG" might mean all that, but let's make sure.

You also might be interested in ScreenLogic, which is extra, but allows you to control the ET with a computer or iPad or smart phone, while home or away. ScreenLogic's interface is considerably easier to negotiate, as compared to the tiny little screen on the ET, which has a complicated set of tiny menus you have ratchet through. It's pretty awful.

The ET comes in pool and pool/spa models. Get the right one as needed. Also in 4 and 8 models, which roughly translates to how many things you can control. The ET can be used to control not only pool functions (pump, water features, pool light(s), cleaning systems and heaters) but also other things in your pool environment, like: garden lights, yard lights, bistro lights, bug zappers, fountains, etc. Anything that requires power and an on-off switch. Think ahead about what you want it to control, and that determines the model.

Also, be sure you and the PB understand the Pentair warranty. If you buy three of the right things all at the same time with all the other Pentair gear, everything gets the extended 3-year warranty (might not apply to pool light, not sure about that).

Get the model number of the EasyTouch (ET). Be sure it does not have an "L" in it. Stands for "Lite" and you absolutely do not want the "Lite" version. You want the model with the SWG transformer built in, and the circuit breakers built in. "Easy Touch SWG" might mean all that, but let's make sure.

You also might be interested in ScreenLogic, which is extra, but allows you to control the ET with a computer or iPad or smart phone, while home or away. ScreenLogic's interface is considerably easier to negotiate, as compared to the tiny little screen on the ET, which has a complicated set of tiny menus you have ratchet through. It's pretty awful.

The ET comes in pool and pool/spa models. Get the right one as needed. Also in 4 and 8 models, which roughly translates to how many things you can control. The ET can be used to control not only pool functions (pump, water features, pool light(s), cleaning systems and heaters) but also other things in your pool environment, like: garden lights, yard lights, bistro lights, bug zappers, fountains, etc. Anything that requires power and an on-off switch. Think ahead about what you want it to control, and that determines the model.

Also, be sure you and the PB understand the Pentair warranty. If you buy three of the right things all at the same time with all the other Pentair gear, everything gets the extended 3-year warranty (might not apply to pool light, not sure about that).
Thanks. I purchased Screenlogic. The ET had automatic freeze protection and digital timers - I asked for the model number. I do have the 3 year Pentair Warranty. Do you think I should upgrade the Superflo 1.5 VS to the Intelliflo?

@Jimrahbe is our Pentair expert. He can decipher the ET model numbers, and ET bundle model numbers. And field the pump question. My recollection is only the IntelliFlo allows the full array of pump control and programming the ET can provide. And I think Jim likes to say the IntelliFlo is the gold standard of pumps currently available. I sure like mine.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.