is this a cracked impeller?

coryp

Nov 6, 2007
so, my 2 spd 2hp tristar has been sounding like it's going on the uphill part of a roller coaster just before the drop. i was hoping it was some debris, but found that the white wear ring had just about eaten through the diffuser.

i assume that the impeller was cracked as well, but looking at the inyo image, it seems to look this was factory... on mine, some fins look like continuous plastic and some do not. anyone have experience with this?

IMG_20170702_171427.jpg
looking at more sales images it looks like maybe it's 2 pieces then machined as a unit.... i think i'm just being cheap and trying to get out of $60 for a new impeller... that and i don't seem to be able to find one in stock earlier than the 5th...

got it all going, as an FYI, the new white wear ring that came with the diffuser is shorter that the one that was factory installed... i triple checked the # on the ring vs the one on the parts list, so i'm hoping it's just been updated. seem to work so far...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.