Is there a wifi adapter tha can be hard wired

markayash

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Mar 21, 2016
Atlanta Ga
I have alexa and wall switches which are cool but looking for a small one to mount in the breaker box? Shouldn't be that tough since they take that technology and make a $30 wall switch
I debated adding a waterproof box and adding a "indoor" switch but not sure how it will hold up.

I have alexa and wall switches which are cool but looking for a small one to mount in the breaker box? Shouldn't be that tough since they take that technology and make a $30 wall switch
I debated adding a waterproof box and adding a "indoor" switch but not sure how it will hold up.
You can do a forum search for wifi, I know there is a thread recently about someone wanting to do that, and some of the answers explained the pool equipment has a higher draw than most indoor switches can handle.

I have two lutron caseta switches in an enclosure to control my pump speed and waterfalls. So far they have had no problem being in the enclosure. The switches control a motor contact and a relay, as splashpad stated, the switches are not rated for the loads in order to directly control them.

I have two lutron caseta switches in an enclosure to control my pump speed and waterfalls. So far they have had no problem being in the enclosure. The switches control a motor contact and a relay, as splashpad stated, the switches are not rated for the loads in order to directly control them.

How do you control your pump speed with a switch?

I've had one TP-Link HS 200 switch (not outdoor rated) mounted outside for area lighting in a weather resistant switch box for about 1 1/2 years with no issues. A few weeks ago, I installed another in my pool equipment electrical box for the pool lights. No issues so far. I still get a good connection through the metal box. As long as they don't get wet, you'll probably be fine. I thought about a relay or controller, but its nice to have the manual switching ability at the box.

Reactions: markayash

Look up the 'SHELLY 1 Smart Relay Switch' It's small enough that you could mount it in the breaker box or even a waterproof box. It also has a 16 amp relay.

Reactions: markayash

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.