is there a place for pool care professionals to discuss ?

flyingvranch

In The Industry
Mar 14, 2008
Huntsville, Texas
I'm not sure what forum catagory to place this question in, so moderators please move this if necessary. Is there a forum that pool service professionals can discuss their business issues and such? I know of several for the landscaping business, and they are quite helpful when you have a business related question. I'm just wondering if there is a similar place for the pool care folks.
Thanks!

There is a fairly new forum called something like "poolgeniusnetwork" that seems to be made for people in the business. This forum is pointed directly at pool owners. That said, you are welcome to discuss things pool related. We have many professionals that frequent this forum although they tend to do so to offer advice to pool owners.

Dave is correct. poolgenius® Network (PGN) is a site for pool professionals, mostly pool service people and pool builders though there are also a few public health people there as well. The issues discussed there include business issues. Though this forum (TFP) is focused on residential pool owners, we would welcome any discussions of experiences or questions/advice you have in terms of pool maintenance (e.g. construction, equipment, water chemistry and chemicals, testing). If you believe the topic may be controversial or distracting to the general population of users here, there are forums called The Deep End for technical or tentative discussions and Agree to Disagree for more permanent disagreements.

So far, you've been doing just fine with your posts in the main forum areas as they relate to real pool issues that others would like to read, but I understand your question regarding more pure business issues and PGN is probably your best place for that.

Richard

Thanks guys! That was just the type of place I was looking for. I am just starting out professionally and it definitely helps to have good business advice. I love this forum and I will continue to support it for my own personal questions and answers etc...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.