Is poolsupplyworld.com legit?

bobtimms

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 13, 2012
Roswell GA
I ordered a superflo pump from Pool Supply World a week ago and received a 'shipping confirmation' a few days later with the UPS tracking number indicating that a label had been printed. Wanting to get the pump asap I kept checking for additional shipping/routing info at UPS but nothing ever appeared other than label was completed. From a phone call and a 'chat' with their 'agents' today they said the order appeared to be lost and that they would turn it over to their 'RMA' department - hello??? - I'm not doing an RMA just looking for a shipment. Having been doing business online for a number of years and also involved in business shipping online orders (not pool supplies) this sounds hokey to me.

They said to give them 24 hours for an answer but I'm not sure what to do at this point. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Lost packages do happen. One of my Amazon.com orders got lost in shipping some months back. Sadly the loss does cause an inconvenient delay. (I have no specific experience with poolsupplyworld.)

Well, I think all of us have had experiences like this, and it does seem to happen more often with a large company. I know, from personal experience, that Pool Supply World is legit. Hopefully you will get a follow up within 24 hours. If not, then you know the saying, "the squeaky wheel gets the grease". Hate that happened to you!

PoolSupplyWorld is fully legit. I personally would give them the day and follow up if you get nothing. Sounds like you're getting bad luck and maybe caught a newer agent, but you're dealing with a very legit company at least.

"Label printed, awaiting arrival at UPS facility" is one of the stages of a package.

In a sloppy or hectic shipping room, things can happen. I've never dealt with that site, but give them their 24 hours. Ideally they'll see that UPS never saw the box and simply ship you one.

At a good brick and mortar store, an employee could probably just have handed you one and worked out the details later. In a shipping operation, where UPS shows up once a day, it makes sense to have some delay to figure things out and get them done.

But after tomorrow it's not looking good for that site. Good luck, I hope it's just a missing label and it's on tomorrow's truck.

I've ordered from them a few years ago and didn't have any problems. I think some of their employees keep tabs on the website and I can see where they have helped out other posters, but I can't find an active profile right now.. hopefully one of them will come along and help you out.

Dylan here from PoolSupplyWorld, thanks for your business with us bobtimms. I was able to locate your order in the system and it does look like your shipment was unfortunately mishandled, and lost. Good news is I can get another sent out your way right away. I'm reaching out to our warehouse now to get another one going out the door to you. It's a bit late in the afternoon so I may not be able to get you a new tracking number today, but I'll contact you directly with the new tracking number by tomorrow. And sorry for the confusion with the customer service team, sometimes our "standard procedures" aren't translated quite as well as we would like.

Thanks everyone else for the kind words about PoolSupplyWorld, if any TFP members have issues with an order just send them my way. Enjoy your summer!

Reactions: RandallC
Re: Is poolsupplyworld.com legit? Sorry - its UPS Fault

I just got an email from UPS saying the pump would be delivered tomorrow and I initially thought Dylan from PoolSupplyWorld had worked some magic. On further investigation the info from UPS indicated a the shipment from PSW was registered the same day as their label (8/05) with the same tracking number sent by PSW that I have been trying to track. So, my bad, after using UPS for 20+ years I assumed they couldn't be the ones at fault. So, please accept my humble apologies for jerking chains at PSW (I just called PSW and gave the PSW agent an apology to all also).

Thanks to all for your indulgence.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Re: Is poolsupplyworld.com legit? Sorry - its UPS Fault

... after using UPS for 20+ years I assumed they couldn't be the ones at fault.

In 14 years of doing lots of shipping with them I've seen three packages have glitches, and all three got sorted out quickly- two of them got sorted out the same day and they made it on time. You're more likely to hit the lottery than have a dud shipment from those guys.

I just got a pentair VS pump from them a couple of months ago. Happy with the price and the service. BlakeJ keeps a eye on the board and will jump in if he sees a problem. Glad everything work out for you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.