Is my SWG bad?

Another question as I finally dig a little deeper into my pool education. I'm comfortable that my pool is close to 27k gallons but my autopilot pool pilot 75003 is entered that my pool is 18k gallons. Should I correct this once I get my chlorine straightened out? Thanks for all the help.

Latest has been a little strange. To fight the potential ammonia, last night (after sundown) I added about 2.5 gallons of 10% liquid chlorine. Checked 15 minutes later and I was at 18 FC and 2 CC so I took that as somewhat of a good sign. I checked this morning before sunrise and I was at 1.0 FC and 1.0 CC. Sooooo I only had 2 more gallons of the chlorine left so to at least keep fighting the fight, I added them. I checked an hour later as the sun was starting to rise and measured 9 FC and 1 CC. 12 gallons of liquid chlorine can go fast when you're fighting this invisible enemy! :)

I'm taking that as a positive with my fight with potential ammonia. Now I need to get back to the SLAM. Will get more chlorine this morning.

nj,

I've watched many people on here go through extended SLAM's unnecessarily. Just follow Richard and Marty's advice for the minimum liquid chlorine to complete the process. They've both helped hundreds through much worse pools than you're dealing with.

I hope this is helpful.

Chris

I appreciate that Chris and that’s what I’m trying to do. The addition of 7.5 gallons of chlorine and basically no measure of FC an hour later threw me for a loop so I had to try and handle that. Out to get more chlorine and work the SLAM some more.

I appreciate that Chris and that’s what I’m trying to do. The addition of 7.5 gallons of chlorine and basically no measure of FC an hour later threw me for a loop so I had to try and handle that. Out to get more chlorine and work the SLAM some more.
So sorry you're having to deal with this and good luck to you! Ask any questions you may have. The only good thing about this is you get it behind you and you'll learn the process quickly. Before you know it you'll be helping others!

Chris

Ok, so failed the overnight test. I tried to read about pollen. We have excessive pollen for early June but wanted to understand if pollen would screw up my FC. I read some folks it has no effect, and others that said it does so there is the confusion. I'll continue to SLAM....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.