Justin, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hello. Another N. TX pool owner here. The boost pump may be my only casualty of the freezing weather. Lucky overall. However, It appears the pool installer provided no convenient means to (ever) service this boost pump. Can anyone confirm before I go breaking something that it's not possible to unscrew the supply to the boost pump without cutting something else? I'm assuming the black goo (which is quite hard) are glued fittings. I'm hoping to simply cap the line until a new boost pump can be delivered. I'd also like to install a shutoff to the boost pump for easier isolation if this ever happens again. Thanks for any suggestions.

Boost pump is a Pentair LA-MS05, for what it's worth, and the photo of the water leaking is with the pool pump running on low pressure and the boost pump turned off.

Attachments

• IMG_5745.JPG
    IMG_5745.JPG
    196.6 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_5746.JPG
    IMG_5746.JPG
    286.7 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_5747.JPG
    IMG_5747.JPG
    407.5 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_5748.JPG
    IMG_5748.JPG
    385.8 KB · Views: 35
. I'm hoping to simply cap the line until a new boost pump can be delivered.
Should work fine. You will have to either splice into the flex pipe or replace the T and SWG fitting also.

The shutoff for future purposes is a great idea, and 'now is the time'

Reactions: jastu23
Should work fine. You will have to either splice into the flex pipe or replace the T and SWG fitting also.

The shutoff for future purposes is a great idea, and 'now is the time'

Thanks! For now, and because of the very limited supply of parts, It's cut, capped, and removed. I had never worked with flexible PVC. Piece of cake.

Reactions: Newdude

You should use this opportunity to move up from the 1970's into this Century and buy a robot.. Like this one...

Thanks,

Jim R.

I'm very intrigued. I also am in need of the fine dust/silt pickup since we get a lot of dust and sand blowing through and the pressure cleaner doesn't seem to do much with that, let alone it never gets on the tanning ledge. It does seems like it could be a hassle and/or eyesore to put it in and out and have this thing plugged in and draped across the pool deck. What's your experience with that? Also, I should mention, we currently have a pool net (Katchakid) over the pool to catch the 3 year old.

It never gets above the level of the coping, but I have no idea what effect the Katchakid cover might have..

I guess it is just an matter of opinion as to what an eyesore is... I find pressure side cleaners to be one of the worst eyesores there is when it is in the pool. In my mind, it kind of takes away the beauty of a pool.. The reason that I like my robot is that I can put it in, let it run, and take it out when not in use. It just depends on your point of view... :mrgreen:

It also cleans better than any water powered cleaner and it scrubs the walls and waterline tile.

You'd be surprised at the number of pool owners that have never even heard of a robot, or those that think that they have a robot, when they actually have a pressure side cleaner. Anyway, my "job" is to just present ideas, and your job is do whatever you think is best for you and your pool..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Rich807

It never gets above the level of the coping, but I have no idea what effect the Katchakid cover might have..

I guess it is just an matter of opinion as to what an eyesore is... I find pressure side cleaners to be one of the worst eyesores there is when it is in the pool. In my mind, it kind of takes away the beauty of a pool.. The reason that I like my robot is that I can put it in, let it run, and take it out when not in use. It just depends on your point of view... :mrgreen:

It also cleans better than any water powered cleaner and it scrubs the walls and waterline tile.

You'd be surprised at the number of pool owners that have never even heard of a robot, or those that think that they have a robot, when they actually have a pressure side cleaner. Anyway, my "job" is to just present ideas, and your job is do whatever you think is best for you and your pool..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Jim, thanks for the thoughtful reply. That's exactly the sort of assessment I was hoping for considering the cost of one of these cleaners. As I think it over, I totally see your point. There's probably a million pages worth of "what's best for me," but with my modestly sized pool, the S 200 seems very appropriate. I've never researched them, so if you can point me to a good comparison, I'd greatly appreciate it. Or if that one is a proven winner, well, this sit as never steered me wrong. Thanks again, Jim.

Jason

Or if that one is a proven winner, well, this sit as never steered me wrong.
The S200 (and all its sister, rebranded clones) is widely accepted here as 'best bang for the buck'. The better models have more bells and whistles, like Bluetooth driveability, but don't actually clean better.

Reactions: mknauss and jastu23
The set it and forget it features of the old school pressure side polaris method are my preference. Its in the pool 365 days and cleans every day with out me having to remember anything. I only take it out when its in the way of the grandkids swimming

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.