Is my Aquapure Chlorine Generator PIB (R0467600) bad? Getting No Flow message possibly due to exposed wires that were touching each other

Rhbrant

Jun 30, 2020
Texas
I replaced my Aquapure PL1400 specifically the Salt cell, power cord, and flow sensor a couple of days ago. Very easy to do and it worked just fine for a little while, I checked the panel several hours later and the power light was on but that was it. The LCD panel said No Flow and 55%, occasionally the Reverse Cell light comes on.

I opened the panel to make sure the connector from the Flow Sensor to the PIB was plugged in properly. I noticed that one of the 4 wire cables from the Aqualink Controller (R0586501 ? ) had a problem. This is a cable that goes from the Controller to a Multiplexer Interface Board then to the PIB. Whoever installed the system 4 years ago stripped the insulation from each wire at the Controller board in such a way that 3 of the wires had bare spots and had to have been touching each other. I corrected the problem by cutting the wires back, re-stripping them and reinserting them into the Controller board. That didn't fix the problem. So I replaced all components with my old PL1400 and still had/have the same problem. I cleaned the filter, cleaned the flow sensor, checked all connections, checked the two fuses on the PIB to no avail.

Are there any other trouble shooting tips or should I replace the Aquapure PIB part R0467600.

The new trisensor just plugs directly into the circuit board with no adapter.

Do you have a picture of the circuit board?

What is the number on the CPU?

Is the inline sensor module set to Program A or Program B?

Thanks mknauss - I read the document but I don't have a Tri-Sensor Adapter to adjust. Here are a couple of pics I took of the nicked cable and the routing of cables.

James W - Where do I find the number on the CPU? And the inline sensor module is set to Program B. If it's set to A I can't adjust the Chlorine lever greater than 30.

20200628_112708.jpg
This shows the cable that was nicked, the wires were crunched together and likely shorted together.Aquapure.jpg

This shows the cable to the salt cell, the cable that was nicked and how it's routed to the multiplexer then to the Chlorine Generator PIB. There was no Tri-Sensor Adapter either in the kit or before I changed out the salt cell.

The number printed on the CPU is 01220A15, which means that you use program A. Can you show where the wire labeled as “cable from the salt cell” connects to the board?

Note that that cable is from the trisensor.

The power cord is the green and black and white wires connected at lower right.

20200630_085205.1.jpg

The Grey cable with the white connector goes to the cell (trisensor). The unit that I replaced was set to Program B, the installer wrote that the chlorine level was supposed to be set at roughly 60% which I couldn't achieve when I tried Program A - should I try it again?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.