Is mine big enough? :)

HalfYak

Sep 30, 2021
NE Florida
My swimming pool and spa are almost completed. My tiled spa spillover will not sheet on low or high speed (dual speed) pump. The only way the technician (other than spillover mode) could make it sheet was to bypass (manual valves) my pool heat pump and spa heater (propane). This got me thinking :unsure:. Without getting into specific details doesn't that indicate my pool pump is undersized for the resistance of the entire system installed?

The performance data of my pool pump (SP3210X152) indicates it supports 25 Ft total head @ 120 gpm (filter residential design flow rate). I have a salt sanitizer, pool filter, pool heater, spa heater, skimmer, 2 (1 spa and 1 pool) drains, 3 pool wall returns, 4 spa wall returns, 50 ft of pipe (skimmer to pump), and a lot of 90 degree bends. My math says I need a bigger pump, but I am new to this sort of stuff.

Question:

1) Is my pool pump undersized?

2) The spillover is one thing but what does this say about the circulation of my entire system?

Welcome to TFP.

To help you we need to get into specific details. Please create your signature with details of your pool and equipment.

You say you have both a HP and a gas heater. Show us pics of your equipment pad.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.