Is it possible to have uneven floor with a level frame?

Blindin

Nov 9, 2019
Western Australia
Hi guys, first of all, thank you for reading and I hope this has not been asked many times before; I did search, but did not find a direct answer to my question.
long story short, could I install an above ground pool on uneven ground if I level the frame, effectively giving a deeper end? I have this pool: SOLICE RECTANGLE METAL FRAME POOL 13′ x 22′ x 52′ – BU1322SF – Poolscape Pty Ltd

The reason I ask is because it will be very difficult and expensive to level the area I need, secondly, I'd like a deeper end if possible.

I did have this pool installed in a different spot before and ended up with sinking issues.
I prepared the area but did not put in drainage,as a result one corner sunk several inches due to wet ground from a seeping liner..
The pool stayed up with no adverse effects which makes me believe that it will be capable of supporting an even floor. (with a new liner of course.

The drop will be above 200-300mm along the long length.
If the frame is level and supported, will there be any issues?
I understand that this will cause a difference in pressure and it is not ideal, but, will it be ok?

Thanks.

that is almost a foot. I dont have experience with a rectangular frame, but I would think due to the stabiliser straps under the pool, that might not be a good idea. if it is an older pool and you can handle a major fail, it might be worth experimenting, but if not in budget or safety margin I wouldn't risk the bottom being that out of level. the straps will be pulling the lower part of legs in some distance and that would be my main concern.

that is almost a foot. I dont have experience with a rectangular frame, but I would think due to the stabiliser straps under the pool, that might not be a good idea. if it is an older pool and you can handle a major fail, it might be worth experimenting, but if not in budget or safety margin I wouldn't risk the bottom being that out of level. the straps will be pulling the lower part of legs in some distance and that would be my main concern.

Thanks for the reply, Yes this was my concern too, and the added pressure at that point.
In my thinking, as the top of the pool will be level, the pressure should be equal around the pool accept for the very bottom (the lowest section until it met the highest floor point).
I also plan to fill sand to gradient the slope from the leg support so that the straps are not pulled to tight.

I think I'll give it a go, whats the worse that can happen! lol

I intend to use large concrete pavers or bricks to support the legs.
I can't picture how that works but I am sure you have thought it through. I don't see how you get the extra foot of depth out of the liner, either, but I guess you have thought about that as well.......I can't picture it working.

This reply may be too late for your situation, but these types of pools do not have stretchy liners that could accommodate a deep end. The floor of these metal pole frame pools require contact with firm ground to maintain structural integrity. What you plan may work for a season, but over time either the top poles will bend or the liner will tear under the weight of hundreds of pounds of water, shortening the life of your pool.

Reactions: Wobblerlorri
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.