Is it possible to add a combination vacuum port/return to an AGP?

Mr Plow

May 30, 2019
London, Ontario, Canada
Hello all,

We have a 18' AGP that we are in the midst of adding a Hayward 135k BTU heater to. As a result - I need to pour a pad and relocate the pump and filter to a different spot in our yard. Im wondering if now might also be the time to add a second return fitting which would be close to the new pump pad area and almost directly across from the existing return/skimmer. If so, is it possible (or is there any reason not to) to plumb a return fitting that can act as both a vacuum port (suction) and a return via a 3 way valve?

Not sure if it matters but we have also upgraded our pump and filter to a variable speed pump and cartridge filter. I like the idea of being able to vacuum but still pull from the skimmer with the new variable speed pump.

Thoughts?

cowboycasey

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 3, 2013
Southern OK
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool SJ-40
I would not do it that way.. run 2 lines..

1 suction side
1 pressure return side..

1 3 way valve on each and now you can use both suction and skimmer or 1 at a time
and the return you can change how much flow goes to each return...

If you get another 3 way you can go from your pump into the 3 way and have 1 side go to your filter and the other go to a hose to lower the water... works great... you can lower the water to 12 inches if you want by using the suction cleaner port and the hose port :)

JANDY VALVES

I did exactly the same thing..

Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.