Is It Possible That My Poured Concrete Pool Was Never Plastered?

*Personally I don’t paint pools because it is a money looser & the tree huggers run my state.

We don’t have very many trees in Arizona and the ones we do have are loaded with thorns that can double as 3” roofing nails....so tree-huggers be warned :oops:

So your opinion is that it is paint/epoxy directly on concrete? Have you ever seen that in the wild?

Yup - my concrete pool was done around the same time and it was just painted, no plaster. We had it repainted 6 years ago where they did an acid wash and then applied Smart Seal (Dura Seal Epoxy Pool Paint & Sealer by Smart Seal: Blue, White, Black) to the surface. It looked great for 2-3 years and then the chalking started and it was difficult to keep clean. Backwashing the filter would just produce a nice white milky mess on the road (and if you had a lot of people in the pool, the water would go from clear to very, very cloudy).

We are currently going through a massive reno. They have sandblasted the old epoxy out and a new plaster surface will be installed over the coming weeks. You can see the thread on the reno including video of the sandblasting.

Pool Reno....

Reactions: duvalman
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.