Is it normal for a above gound pool to settle

Jun 11, 2012
Hello, Had a new 24' x 52" professionally installed about 3 weeks ago. Needed to bring back side of pool up 11 inches or so to be level. 3/4 stone and stondust mix for base. Second was all stonedust then the sand, all was leveled with a lazer . After some heavy rain on and off for a week or so I noticed the water looked lower on 1 side, found about 1/2 inch difference. After it was installed it was pretty much even all around. Is this normal for some settling or should I call back the installer. Any thoughts would be great. Thanks for your time..

It's especially normal when setting ~110,000 lbs of water on a built up area. Keep an eye on it and if it settles more you need to do something about it. I'd [s:1pt0k12r]call[/s:1pt0k12r] write the installer and let them know that it settled some. That way you'll be on record about it.

I'm not trying to scare you, because it's probably done all it's going to do, but better safe than sorry.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.