is it normal backwash orange

Well, it's a good sign that the water coming out when backwashing is some color......that means your removing stuff from the pool that doesn't need to be in there.

As FPM suspects, it may be precipitated iron or it could be something else. It's still good that the water is dirty.....the filter is doing it's job.

If you can post a full set of test results, we can probably help you identify what it is or, at least, help you make a better determination.

ph-7.6
ch-200
ta-90
fc-low as I have been waitnhg 28 days before I can add salt due to new plaster. Been using liquid chlorine.
As stated earlier I feel it might be the metals coming out as I was filling the pool for three days and adding sequestrant in that time. Thanks for all the help

It's still a guess, but I would lean towards dead algae as the cause. High temps and low chlorine for 30 days allows algae to get started. YOur low doses of FC are killing some of it but not all. What is killed, gets caught up in the filter and is (for me, at least) normally a brownish-yellowish color.

If you have sequestrant in the pool, that would tend to keep the metal in suspension and not precipitate in your filter.

How does your water look?

Let me just jump on this wagon! :)

You're not on a well but you're adding sequestrant, why?

Since you're on public water you can get an assay (water quality report) and find out if there is any metals in your fill water. A lot of places even have them online now. I'd suggest getting one because if there are no metals then sequestrant is a waste of time and money. Also, you putting stuff in your pool that you don't need.

You need to raise your FC up too. I, like Dave, suspect algae. How are you testing?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.