Is Highly Chlorinated water bad for trees?

JABRY5

Apr 25, 2020
Coppell, TX
Currently SLAMing the pool and backwashing into the backyard. I'm not concerned about the grass; the weeds took over long ago. But I am concerned about two 60-80 year old oak trees. Is highly chlorinated water (>=15 ppm) damaging to mature oak trees? For what it's worth, we've had heavy rains in the last month and I've been spraying fresh water into the backwash area to hopefully dilute the chlorine content.

Not at all. The chlorine in the water will react with the organic material in the soil and be instantly neutralized before the deep roots of this trees ever see it. You likely get more than enough precipitation to compensate for the higher salinity of the water.

There is zero concern with what you are doing.

Reactions: Rancho Cost-a-Lotta
My backwash hose has been emptying into a hollow between 4 trees that I want GONE!
Unfortunately, it seems to have had the opposite effect, and the trees are thriving. ?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.