Is Ahh-Some more effective as flush with hot water versus cold?

If you're doing a 2nd flush with Ahh-Some in a hot tub, is it helpful to let the water heat up before the 2nd dose or is it just as effective with cold water from the tap?

Ahhsome guy....would love your thoughts on this too with your expertise
@Ahhsomeguy

Thanks, Doug

The literature says that temperature does not matter. It is easier to get the gel to dissolve in hot water thought.

Reactions: duganderson
Did u purge w/ the old water then drain & refill to purge again?
if so you can just wait to drain/refill after the 2nd round of purging. I also add about 1/2 the original amount on the 2nd purge.

Did u purge w/ the old water then drain & refill to purge again?
if so you can just wait to drain/refill after the 2nd round of purging. I also add about 1/2 the original amount on the 2nd purge.

I have not done the purge. I was planning to drain before the 2nd purge. Does the 2nd purge work as well if you don't drain and refill first.

Curious if you have any thoughts about this @Ahhsomeguy too.

I have a 20 year old hot tub that had never been purged and it only took one round to clear. Depending on how it has been maintained you may not need to do 2 cycles

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have not done the purge. I was planning to drain before the 2nd purge. Does the 2nd purge work as well if you don't drain and refill first.

Curious if you have any thoughts about this @Ahhsomeguy too.
I will always do a “2nd round” & been surprised by the results even though the 1st round came out mostly clean.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.