Iron well filled please help

Thank you for the information. I purchased the metal magic and absobic acid for when ready for it. Yesterday I changed out the filters and then was only able to follow up on pool a couple times because I had to work. Didn't have Anyone to come take over. Today I'm here. Been checking every hour. Pool was super clear but dropping a couple points each time. Obviously guessing on how much chlorine to add. I then added and the pool turned creamy and slightly greenish. I decided to change out the filters again. This is the first time that the filters are orange and the water inside cartridge holder was like creamy. I'm assuming this is a good thing that the iron is coming out?? I do have the polyfill thing we made still running since finding this site. I'm going to be staying on it every hour now my schedule allows me not to have to go to the shop. What do you prefer to clean filters with. What is going on now that didnt before??

Progess is good. :goodjob: But continue wiht the SLAM Process instructions and focus on algae. That's very important before you begin treatmetn for staining. While you are still in SLAM-mode, here are a couple items to read ahead regarding metal staining.

This is the first time that the filters are orange and the water inside cartridge holder was like creamy. I'm assuming this is a good thing that the iron is coming out??
Yep! You are making the iron angry. :mad: It's good if you can get a bunch of it now before transitioning to sequestrant. Hang in there.

Thank you for the information. I purchased the metal magic and absobic acid for when ready for it. Yesterday I changed out the filters and then was only able to follow up on pool a couple times because I had to work. Didn't have Anyone to come take over. Today I'm here. Been checking every hour. Pool was super clear but dropping a couple points each time. Obviously guessing on how much chlorine to add. I then added and the pool turned creamy and slightly greenish. I decided to change out the filters again. This is the first time that the filters are orange and the water inside cartridge holder was like creamy. I'm assuming this is a good thing that the iron is coming out?? I do have the polyfill thing we made still running since finding this site. I'm going to be staying on it every hour now my schedule allows me not to have to go to the shop. What do you prefer to clean filters with. What is going on now that didnt before??
Progess is good. :goodjob: But continue wiht the SLAM Process instructions and focus on algae. That's very important before you begin treatmetn for staining. While you are still in SLAM-mode, here are a couple items to read ahead regarding metal staining.
Also is there something that I can buy for the end of my garden hose until we can figure out a containment or something to save rain water .. do people just put the polyfill think at end of garden hose

Take a look at these threads and the links within each one. They will help.

Take a look at these threads and the links within each one. They will help.
Good morning. Thank you for the reads. I read through them all. After this process I'm so afraid to use any other method except rain water. We're checking into getting a storage tank for the back of our home to run a gutter into. I like the double filter deal that someone created for hose but I just dont know. We have a softener on that line already. I cannot believe the amount of iron I'm pulling from the pool. The pool is holding chlorine and the water is crystal clear. I'm still pulling iron from everywhere I have polyfill and changing out filter cartridges morning and night. I'm going to continue to stay strong and persistent I guess until the cartridges are clear when I switch them out. Thx again.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Great work! :goodjob: Here are the instructions for an AA treatment.

Richard has a good point. The last thing you want to do is treat for an AA and find yourself in another SLAM just because something wasn't quite right. Passing the SLAM you should be algae-free, but this has been quite an ordeal. Certainly your call though.

Richard has a good point. The last thing you want to do is treat for an AA and find yourself in another SLAM just because something wasn't quite right. Passing the SLAM you should be algae-free, but this has been quite an ordeal. Certainly your call though.
Thank you. I just read the aa instructions. On the instructions sent said fc needs to be a zero to start. I'll let the chlorine fall. I did not have any visible algae when I started slam. I did put 1 bottle of algaecide in though. I'm out of algaecide. I'll purchase a bottle while the chlorine is dropping. Question. when using the algaecide to protect the pool water while at zero chlorine do I treat as per instructions like a spring opening. also when doing the aa treatment when I start the metal magic do I treat per instructions as initial opening also. So that I know how much per my size of pool. Then do I follow the maintenance doses on bottles for both as instructed on bottle?? I understand that during this process I'll use chlorine/bleach only to increase chlorine when done.

Actually, we don't use algaecides at spring openings, only winter closing - sometimes. That is owner discretion. But I would just follow the instructions on the the bottle for both the algaecide and sequestrant. Make sure you use an algaecide that lists Polyquat 60 as the major ingrediant. The technical name is: Poly{oxyethylene(dimethyliminio)Ethylene (dimethyliminio)ethylene dichloride}. Many other agecides contain copper and you don't want that.

Also found this thread you might like to review:

Okay chlorine finally down to zero. I'm lowering ph now. Have a question about filtering. The directions say put on circulate initially then back to filtering. I have cartridges so with my system I only have filtering correct. In reference to putting aa in for stains. Thx

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.