Iowa Vinyl Pool

Called the pool company about closing the pool. They said we need almost everything high. High TA, high calcium (it's not), high chlorine 3-4ppm.

3-4ppm is high??? 🤦‍♀️

We need to learn how to open/close but just can't add that to our plate just yet. Hope next year.

Have them blow it all out and you handle the chemistry. Watch and take notes with lots of pics for chronological order when you need to do it next year. What are you doing for a cover ? If you’re getting a safety cover they need to drill all the anchors and install it so just have your FC at SLAM and everything else within range the day before.

Reactions: kimkats
Have them blow it all out and you handle the chemistry. Watch and take notes with lots of pics for chronological order when you need to do it next year. What are you doing for a cover ? If you’re getting a safety cover they need to drill all the anchors and install it so just have your FC at SLAM and everything else within range the day before.
This is what I'm doing this year. Taking notes, watching carefully to make sure I blow the lines and see how the cover goes on. Next year, I'm going to open it myself.

This is what I'm doing this year. Taking notes, watching carefully to make sure I blow the lines and see how the cover goes on
Literally take 200 pics. They are free and will hold the order for you on the cloud forever. When the time comes flip through one at a time for details.
Next year, I'm going to open it myself
Opening is easier than easy peasy. Easier peasier ? I dunno. I did a full disassemble and stored my equipment in the house / garage. It took 30 mins to wheel it back out there and connect it. Add some drain plugs, pull some pipe plugs and Voila. We have power.

Sweet. Putting the cover on is probably part of their closing. Have them skip the chems and blow it out and cover it. SLAM the FC the morning of or the night before. Up to you if you want to add non copper algecide or not for some insurance until the algae goes dormant. Either way open plenty early……. We know darn well you’ll want to be looking at the pool, chomping at the bits when it warm up. Lol. *if* you did get some algae over the winter it’s an easy kill before it wakes up and starts multiplying exponentially.

• Love
Reactions: B.lu and Snoobug
Sweet. Putting the cover on is probably part of their closing. Have them skip the chems and blow it out and cover it. SLAM the FC the morning of or the night before. Up to you if you want to add non copper algecide or not for some insurance until the algae goes dormant. Either way open plenty early……. We know darn well you’ll want to be looking at the pool, chomping at the bits when it warm up. Lol. *if* you did get some algae over the winter it’s an easy kill before it wakes up and starts multiplying exponentially.
My PB told me if he closes or opens a pool, he is required to use his chemicals. It's part of the package to open and close. Not sure what OPs PB requires... just throwing that out there.

Reactions: Newdude

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If it's anything like when the guys 'dropped off pavers', you have the Pacific Northwest worth of lumber back there.

Did they ever finish the patio, or just a few miles to go ? :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Snoobug
If it's anything like when the guys 'dropped off pavers', you have the Pacific Northwest worth of lumber back there.

Did they ever finish the patio, or just a few miles to go ? :ROFLMAO:
Omg you are so funny! 😂 The patio is finished except for the part under the cabana. Also we have like 75% of a fence. The fence company is waiting on the landscaper so they can come back and finish.

Is the other room going to be a bathroom?
Yes the back one was going to be a bathroom. We hit a snag when they told us they would have to dig around the house to the other side to hit the main sewer line. So now we have 2 storage rooms. We converted a closet into a bathroom that is right off the entrance in our house from the garage. Had we not done this, everyone would have had to traipse through our house, across the carpet.

Reactions: Lanzz
No cabana progress but the black ring on the inside of my skimmer is back. Dropped a bit of chlorine and scrubbed. I really feel like I'm the only one with this issue. I'll keep on top of it...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.