Silver Supporter
Jun 2, 2020
Iowa
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Called the pool company about closing the pool. They said we need almost everything high. High TA, high calcium (it's not), high chlorine 3-4ppm.

3-4ppm is high??? 🤦‍♀️

We need to learn how to open/close but just can't add that to our plate just yet. Hope next year.

Newdude

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 16, 2019
NY
Have them blow it all out and you handle the chemistry. Watch and take notes with lots of pics for chronological order when you need to do it next year. What are you doing for a cover ? If you’re getting a safety cover they need to drill all the anchors and install it so just have your FC at SLAM and everything else within range the day before.

Reactions: kimkats

Casey

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 16, 2007
SW PA
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Have them blow it all out and you handle the chemistry. Watch and take notes with lots of pics for chronological order when you need to do it next year. What are you doing for a cover ? If you’re getting a safety cover they need to drill all the anchors and install it so just have your FC at SLAM and everything else within range the day before.
This is what I'm doing this year. Taking notes, watching carefully to make sure I blow the lines and see how the cover goes on. Next year, I'm going to open it myself.

Newdude

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 16, 2019
NY
This is what I'm doing this year. Taking notes, watching carefully to make sure I blow the lines and see how the cover goes on
Literally take 200 pics. They are free and will hold the order for you on the cloud forever. When the time comes flip through one at a time for details.
Next year, I'm going to open it myself
Opening is easier than easy peasy. Easier peasier ? I dunno. I did a full disassemble and stored my equipment in the house / garage. It took 30 mins to wheel it back out there and connect it. Add some drain plugs, pull some pipe plugs and Voila. We have power.

Snoobug

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
Jun 2, 2020
Iowa
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
The anchors are already drilled in and the winter cover is in the garage.

Newdude

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 16, 2019
NY
Sweet. Putting the cover on is probably part of their closing. Have them skip the chems and blow it out and cover it. SLAM the FC the morning of or the night before. Up to you if you want to add non copper algecide or not for some insurance until the algae goes dormant. Either way open plenty early……. We know darn well you’ll want to be looking at the pool, chomping at the bits when it warm up. Lol. *if* you did get some algae over the winter it’s an easy kill before it wakes up and starts multiplying exponentially.

• Love
Reactions: Snoobug

Casey

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 16, 2007
SW PA
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Sweet. Putting the cover on is probably part of their closing. Have them skip the chems and blow it out and cover it. SLAM the FC the morning of or the night before. Up to you if you want to add non copper algecide or not for some insurance until the algae goes dormant. Either way open plenty early……. We know darn well you’ll want to be looking at the pool, chomping at the bits when it warm up. Lol. *if* you did get some algae over the winter it’s an easy kill before it wakes up and starts multiplying exponentially.
My PB told me if he closes or opens a pool, he is required to use his chemicals. It's part of the package to open and close. Not sure what OPs PB requires... just throwing that out there.

Reactions: Newdude

Snoobug

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
Jun 2, 2020
Iowa
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
We had the option of letting them do the chems or us. I'm just having them do it all.

Reactions: Newdude and Casey