Intro and pool is underway

Taradefab0724

Nov 23, 2019
Orlando
I wish I found this website before we went to
design..I've found this project to be stressful. We did go back to and added things we decided on after we originally designed. We decided to add a spa and extra travertine deck as well as glass but we did not do the whole pool in glass to save money we decided to add it to the waterfall area as it's the area that will be most visible. I regret we didn't do the whole pool but it would have busted our already busted budget. We upgraded the wet edge to American Mediterranean with glass. We did a saltwater water pool with automation and colored led lights. A sunshelf with umbrella sleeve. The pool depth is 4 ft to 5.6ft and the pool is 14x 33.6 .
I am having doubts about mixing the glass with porcelain and i wish we could have done the glass everywhere

Attachments

• 20191121_163734_HDR.jpg
    20191121_163734_HDR.jpg
    277.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 20191124_163954.jpg
    20191124_163954.jpg
    331 KB · Views: 15
  • 20191124_163957.jpg
    20191124_163957.jpg
    315.9 KB · Views: 14
Welcome to TFP! :wave: Hindsight is 20-20 right? I know that feeling as well. Still, you'll have a nice pool and something all your family and friends will be more than happy to jump into next summer. :swim:
It's not hindsight as much as money. We went way over our budget ?..I'm having trouble seeing this as anything but a stressful ..muddy. Expensive mess ..that's taking forever to finish. We started last March. Due to Orlando rain and threat of those August hurricanes we waited what seemed like too long to get started.

I love how it turned out. The way you did it really makes that glass tile stand out like a statement piece! NO one will even think about it when they see it. All they will say is "WONDERFUL POOL"!

Kim:kim:
Thank you. I'm having a difficult time seeing it finished. Look at how muddy it is and debris everywhere. I can't imagine this being a place I want to hang out in a few months...we waited 14 years to build this pool and when I look outside I haven't gotten that feeling of accomplishment ..I did get excited when the glass tile went up, but that was equally matched with panic about mixing materials and did we pick the right glass for the porcelain ( porcelain was already ordered and being put up when we changed our mind and wanted the glass we couldn't go back on the porcelain) in the showroom it all mixed nicely ..out in the sunlight I would have picked a much darker blue...that's is hindsight I guess

..out in the sunlight I would have picked a much darker blue...that's is hindsight I guess

I think once you have blue water in the pool it will all will blend nicely and you have nice reflections on the water and tile.

it would have busted our already busted budget
We have all been here and we all had to stop somewhere or else we would all have million dollar backyards. And almost every one of us will coulda/woulda/shoulda until the end of time. Personally i like the one accent wall look, and yours will appear to have been done for that purpose instead of the budget reasons. But nobody will care either way. It looks just great.

We have all been here and we all had to stop somewhere or else we would all have million dollar backyards. And almost every one of us will coulda/woulda/shoulda until the end of time. Personally i like the one accent wall look, and yours will appear to have been done for that purpose instead of the budget reasons. But nobody will care either way. It looks just great.
You are right. Absolutely. Thank you for saying that about our accent wall. We did make a choice to have it either on the spa or behind the waterfall and we chose the accent wall with the waterfall

Reactions: Newdude
I've found that people dont even care what we eat. I've gone all out grilling and had pizza delivered. Everybody is laughing and having a blast either way. Its the good times being had that matters, not any of the details. Not the pool, not the food, none of it. My neighbor has a plain jane above ground pool. You should hear us all on the days we hang at their house. Its just as loud and just as much fun.

Reactions: kimkats

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support