Intex XTR 24 foot round

Apr 30, 2020
Huron SD
Hey everyone! I am not new to Intex pools but I am new to the larger size Intex. Just received my shipment yesterday of the 24 foot round XTR. I’m having my ground leveled for me but an wondering opinion on what to put under each leg...concrete pavers or wood? I have read that pavers crack. Anyone have this size pool and have a recommendation? If you use pavers and it worked well, what size and psi? If you use wood what size and thickness? Please help!! Thank you!!! Also how large of an area should I level off for a 24 foot round pool to allow for expansion on the bottom when water is added? TYVM!!

Hi there :) Welcome to Trouble Free Pools.

I can only answer that we always recommend concrete pavers under each leg. I've not read anyone mention wood?

As to the size other than many folks surround the pool with river rock to fill in extra space, so making it larger than just 24' is commonly done. It also has the benefit of not requiring a lawn mower or weed eater to go near the pool itself.

Maddie :flower:

I don't know the weight limits of the concrete pads. They have no internal reinforcing steel--it's just a slab of concrete--from Lowes. While there is a lot of weight on the posts, most of the water's weight is straight down on the ground through the floor of the pool. The vertical posts are not built very strongly so there is a limit to how much weight they are supporting.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.