Intex Ultra XTR and frame rust

I got some Rustoleum clear sealant and coated the outside and inside of all the uprights on my pool. Didn't think to coat the cross members and tees, and I had a little rust on two cross members this year. Nothing a file and Rustoleum couldn't handle, though.

Yes, I was also thinking of that. As an alternative, I’m also looking into coating everything with Fluid Film or Wool Wax.

I’ve read the TEES can be a problem due to the interlocking parts. Maybe the powder coating on the inner walls is helping. Do you have the XTR?

I got some Rustoleum clear sealant and coated the outside and inside of all the uprights on my pool. Didn't think to coat the cross members and tees, and I had a little rust on two cross members this year. Nothing a file and Rustoleum couldn't handle, though.

How far into the poles were you able to paint with the clear sealant? Does the coating create any friction issues when connecting it to the T joint? I'm thinking of doing this with a new set of poles for an Ultra Frame.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I received my pool and I was looking at the design of the legs. I’m a little surprised there are no weep holes in the bottom of the legs to let water out. That said, the only entry points would be through the push pins that serve to lock in the connection. Assuming this area is sealed with silicone tape, water shouldn’t get in. However, I still wonder if a weep hole at the bottom would be a good idea. On the other hand, water would also be allowed in through a weep hole.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.