Intex SWG

May 12, 2010
I was at Target today and they have the Intex SWG for $118.00. My question is I have a 19,000 gallon pool would this be a waste of my money to buy it for my pool? It is the newer model SWG and I know from reading that I would need to disconnect the copper cell. The box says it would support a 14,000 gallon pool, would it help my pool any? I am strictly using the BBB method, I do not have any type of chlorine dispenser. I am looking for something to help while we are vacation and not have to rely upon neighbors or family to come by and pour bleach in for me.

Thanks in advance,
Carlotta

I have the 09 model. I run it between 3 to 4 hours a day for 15k of water and haven't had to add anything all summer except for water. The new model looks to put out half the chlorine. I'd hate to run it 6 to 8 hours a day. You can still buy the 09 model but they say the new one has better controls. I'd still go with the 09 model, it should take care of your pool just realize it takes a week to get the thing stabilized to where you want it. It kinda builds up to it.

Interesting.... I have two of the units from '09 and the manual says the max pool size is 14k gal. Now we know the new ones in '10 put out HALF as much clorine and your saying it still says 14k pool size huh. INTEX "You got some splan'in to do!"

We have an '09 model, use BBB on our pool. I run it no more than 4 hours a day and the chlorine tests at school bus yellow. The only reason I don't cut it back even more is that we do have power interruptions and I'm out of town frequently. That way I don't have to shock it if we lose power and the programming is lost. Other than the fact that a power glitch gives it a lobotomy, I'm great with it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.