Intex Sand Filter, still having an issue with pollen

Unless you added floc or a clarifier, it should be ok?
We shocked the pool last night, the numbers are good, but the filter is still having the same issue where it runs fine for thirty minutes, then the pressure goes up and the suction/flow basically stops. I just feel like re-doing the sand is the only option...I can’t live like this all summer, it’s a huge pain to not be able to run the filter for more than 30 minutes.😩

We shocked the pool last night, the numbers are good, but the filter is still having the same issue where it runs fine for thirty minutes, then the pressure goes up and the suction/flow basically stops. I just feel like re-doing the sand is the only option...I can’t live like this all summer, it’s a huge pain to not be able to run the filter for more than 30 minutes.😩
No such thing as "shocking" :)
Use the SLAM Process.
It sounds like your filter is actually working perfectly and you need to keep an elevated FC level to wipe out your algae issue.
Be sure to backwash when the pressure is 25% over clean. (clean pressure is right after backwash/rinse)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Use the SLAM Process.
It sounds like your filter is actually working perfectly and you need to keep an elevated FC level to wipe out your algae issue.
Be sure to backwash when the pressure is 25% over clean. (clean pressure is right after backwash/rinse)
So we shouldn’t use the shock product? I read about slamming, but I thought I could use shock?? So just use liquid chlorine? But then what about the CYA level, we are currently using the tablets in a floater, so without the tablets, do we need to add stabilizer?

So we shouldn’t use the shock product? I read about slamming, but I thought I could use shock?? So just use liquid chlorine? But then what about the CYA level, we are currently using the tablets in a floater, so without the tablets, do we need to add stabilizer?
Use the SLAM Process.
Also, I am backwashing multiple times a day because the pressure builds to more than 25% over clean every time I run it for 30 minutes. Our pool water is totally clear...it seems weird that algae would be the answer? Can you have algae and clear water?

Reactions: splashpad
If it's a powder, no. If it's Liquid Pool Shock, that is "super" bleach, aka sodium hypochlorite
CYA (stabilizer) is there once you add it and is only removed by draining/removing water.
Be sure to visit the links in my sig, TFP pool care is very easily managed! But must be done correctly for crystal clear water!

Do you have a full proper test kit? You'll want to use PoolMath to figure how much liquid chlorine to add FC/5 daily (from 0) until you can monitor your FC accurately.
Ok, thank you. Yes, we have the taylor 2006 test kit. I will get the liquid shock. I feel like every time I understand something, then there is more to learn. This is our trial pool to see if we like a having a pool before we take the plunge on putting in an in-ground...if we do I should be a pool cleaning/chemical expert by then 😁

Guys, I don’t want to cause poor OP to feel like they are in the middle of a tug of war (do this! No, do that!) but I honestly feel that there is something wrong with the filter. Having to backwash every 30 minutes for days just isn’t normal. When I was at my worst, SLAMming a swamp filled with tiny tadpole carcasses, I didn’t have to backwash that often.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.