Intex Sand Filter Pump Strainer Basket replacement

Jul 8, 2016
OK
Started cleaning the pool and was about to fire up my pump but noticed water was leaking.

I have the Intex krystal clear sand filter Pump( 28651EG) It is less than a year old and wanted to know if this is normal? The strainer basket is cracked on the side that faces the pump

Screen Shot 2017-04-08 at 5.41.30 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2017-04-08 at 5.41.45 PM.jpg

I found the replacement On Intexs website, but i wanted to know If anyone knew where else i could get one because intex support is slow and was wanting to get this fixed asap.
http://www.intexcorp.com/11371.html

Thanks in advance!

Will the Intex hose connect directly to the pump without the basket installed? If so, you could probably get by for a while without it as long as you have a skimmer in the pool. The purpose of that thing is to keep debris from getting sucked into the pump and damaging the impeller. But if you have a skimmer basket in the pool, nothing big enough to do any damage should get past that.

I had an extra one of these, but gave it to someone else here on the forums last year. Sorry...

Thanks for the reply, yeah 2 inlets to the pump with these.
8cc2057a2467c815fcda5a433852a18f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

I think you would be okay with those. Nothing of any size will get past them. Now the only question is, will the hose attach directly to the pump? From what I remember, it looked like the same size connection, 1.5".

Btw, where in OK are you located? I replaced my Intex pump last year, and don't recall if I saved the filter basket off of that one. I haven't opened up my pool yet this year, but if you're nearby I'll dig thru my pool stuff and see if i still have it. If so, you're welcome to it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.