Intex Sand Filter Pump Strainer Basket replacement

Neverlift17

Jul 8, 2016
OK
Started cleaning the pool and was about to fire up my pump but noticed water was leaking.

I have the Intex krystal clear sand filter Pump( 28651EG) It is less than a year old and wanted to know if this is normal? The strainer basket is cracked on the side that faces the pump

Screen Shot 2017-04-08 at 5.41.30 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2017-04-08 at 5.41.45 PM.jpg

I found the replacement On Intexs website, but i wanted to know If anyone knew where else i could get one because intex support is slow and was wanting to get this fixed asap.
http://www.intexcorp.com/11371.html

Thanks in advance!

jeffchap

Bronze Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 26, 2012
Edmond OK
Will the Intex hose connect directly to the pump without the basket installed? If so, you could probably get by for a while without it as long as you have a skimmer in the pool. The purpose of that thing is to keep debris from getting sucked into the pump and damaging the impeller. But if you have a skimmer basket in the pool, nothing big enough to do any damage should get past that.

I had an extra one of these, but gave it to someone else here on the forums last year. Sorry...

jeffchap

Bronze Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 26, 2012
Edmond OK
I think you would be okay with those. Nothing of any size will get past them. Now the only question is, will the hose attach directly to the pump? From what I remember, it looked like the same size connection, 1.5".

jeffchap

Bronze Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 26, 2012
Edmond OK
Btw, where in OK are you located? I replaced my Intex pump last year, and don't recall if I saved the filter basket off of that one. I haven't opened up my pool yet this year, but if you're nearby I'll dig thru my pool stuff and see if i still have it. If so, you're welcome to it.