Jack_411

May 22, 2022
London
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
As the title says, I'm in desperate need of help, ill give you a background story.

So, opened up the pool around 2 weeks ago, was like a swamp as you could imagine, so I knew my old useless cartridge filter was never going to be any good.
so I purchased a 2nd hand Intex sand filter from my boss to help clear the pool, along with that ive shocked the pool and managed to get it from green to a very cloudy blue which is progress.
But, the issue I have is the sand filter pump doesn't want to run longer than 8-12 hours without the water flow basically coming to a stop, and the only way that seems to solve this is to backwash it practically every day.
Now, this doesn't see right to me, but my boss keeps telling me that it must be down to amount of dirt/debris the filter is sucking up and just to continue to backwash every time this happens.
There's brand new sand in there which was put in before the shock and ive also had the lid off and moved the sand around incase it had clogged up or something but still does the same and blocks.
I can't help but feel that the pool is never going to clear if I can't get the filter to be running properly or for a relatively long period of time.

Any advice or help is very welcome!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.