Intex Sand Filter/ Having small bubbles come out of return

lucysummer77

Jul 12, 2020
New Jersey
I can't seem to figure out what is wrong with my filter. I am only 2 weeks new at this whole pool life. There are zero air bubbles in canister but yet my return has little bubbles coming out of it when the filter is running. I am assuming there is air somewhere but if its not in the canister, where else do I check? I have back washed with no luck in resolving the issue. I also noticed more oils on the top of the pool water lately but not sure if the issue is related. That can be from use. Anyone know what I should check or do to stop the bubbles? Are the bubbles even ok and that is normal. I have not noticed this the first week of use.

Hiya Lucy :) Welcome to TFP. Do you use a salt water chlorine generator? Those can sometimes cause small bubbles to come out the returns.

As for oils- suntan lotion, body and hair products can all float on the surface. Add a bit more liquid chlorine and it should help oxidize them.

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.