Intex pump and salt system on external timers possible?

gjwerler

Apr 27, 2020
Netherlands
I have an Intex pool with 4m3 sand filter pump (26644) and a separate salt system (26668)
Both have a build in timer which is not very practical.

You can only set the number of hours to run every day. Once you do, every day on the time you have initially set it, it will start running for the specified nr of hours.

The pump needs to run before and after the salt system starts to operate.

So, if I want my pump to run for 4 hours, The salt system must be setup for less (e.g. 3 hours).
I want my pump to run at night from 2 a.m to 6 a.m. So the setup I need to do:
1) Wake up at 2 a.m. set the filter to run for 4 hours
2) wait 30 minutes and set the salt system to run for 3 hours

After a manual intervention or if I want to change the duration I need to setup it again at night.
Far from ideal.

So here is my question: Can I hookup an external timer (domotica system) and put both in 'full time run' (FP) so my external timer can switch the pump and salt system on and off?

Thank you.

Welcome to TFP.

I believe people have found that the Intex systems need the power button to be pushed to turn on after power has been cut and restored. Give it a test on your system before you invest in a timer and see if pulling the plug and plugging it back in starts everything automatically.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.