Intex Prism frame Hydro Aeration Technology Cartridge Filtration System

Jlcrews

Apr 6, 2020
Jacksonville FL
I am new to owning a pool and do not know what to expect. We set up our pool (Intex 12ftx30in Prism Frame) over the weekend and only ran the pump a few times and while we were not in it. Today when I went out to run the pump I felt the strainer grid and did NOT feel any suction. Is that normal? I know this is not a huge pump system and not very powerful but I did expect to feel some suction. Any ideas or knowledge shared would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Attachments

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
Is the pump running and water coming out of returns? Then your suction should be fine.

I don’t know exactply where the strainer grid you felt is placed but suction intakes are designed for safety that it cannot trap a person. So not surprising you cannot feel it.

Reactions: Jlcrews

Jlcrews

Apr 6, 2020
Jacksonville FL
Is the pump running and water coming out of returns? Then your suction should be fine.

I don’t know exactply where the strainer grid you felt is placed but suction intakes are designed for safety that it cannot trap a person. So not surprising you cannot feel it.
Ok that makes sense! Yes pump is running and water is flowing out of the return! I just expected more I guess with all the warnings! Lol! Thank you so much