Intex Pool Sprinkler/Sprayer Ideas?

bloodfromastone

Apr 11, 2019
Buffalo, NY
While I wait for the weather to act right, I've been wondering what kind of sprinkler I could add to my new Intex 16x48 XTR Ultra Frame. Because I installed the thru-wall skimmer where the return would have been, and made one of the suction side holes the return, and just put an large strainer return into the extra suction hole and capped it with the Intex sand filter backwash cap, I figured I could use this outlet to hook up to an old intex 1500 gph cartridge filter pump I have and run it separate from the sand filter since I like to run the filter at night only, and only use it when the kids want the sprinkler on. Obviously, There isn't another another return, and I don't want to cut another return into my liner. I also don't want a sprinkler fountain sticking out from the side INSIDE the pool with little kids getting rambunctious. I have an extra Summer Waves hose already attached and clamped to that Intex pump because I was using it last year on the Summer Escapes pool for the skimmer that I would use for the return side(I believe it's 1.25?) And I have an extra Intex 1.5 hose and shut off valve that I would hook up to the return outlet already on the pool. I'm just wondering what I could use or make on the cheap as a sprinkler/sprayer, that would run up the OUTSIDE of the pool and attach at the top rail. I do not want a long section of PVC pipe running down the side of my pool either. I REALLY don't want to spend more than 20 dollars on this, if I can help it, for a DIY type. I would pay more than 20 for an already manufactured sprinkler that I could hook up with modifications if necessary. The Intex brand sprayer would would best, I think, but it's been discontinued for the Intex waterfall cascade that does not do what I need it to do. I'm hoping one of you geniuses have some ideas since so many of you come up with brilliant solutions!

Scour the garage sale ads and craigslist and find yourself a halogen torchiere lamp that someone is getting rid of. There's your mount -- weighted bottom and everything. Just toss the electrical parts. Buy a hose barb adaptor, a male garden hose threaded adaptor, and some hose clamps and you can use any lawn sprinkler you want to try. Maybe a watering wand? Some duct tape and it's done.

Or spend a couple bucks more on a steel T-post that you can drive into the ground to attach the hose to.

I'm feeling particularly lazy this year, and broke, but more lazy than broke, so I really don't want to go the whole PVC completely DIY route. I'm thinking I might just buy one of those floating, throw it in the pool battery powered lights/fountain ones. Just because I'm not feeling any more pool DIY this year. Maybe when I we get further into the season I might get my second wind. I really like both ideas, I just don't wanna....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.