Intex Pool Owners Who Have Upgraded Theirs

laceygirl

LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Dec 31, 2013
Canberra Australia
u9uje5a2.jpg

Calling all intex owners who have upgraded their pools! I bought these as I have those stupid plastic tube returns! Does the above pictured part need other parts to go with it? It does seem to come with a securing nut!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That piece is complete for use on your pool, no problem. Do you have the Intex plunger valves? The threads on those are only compatible with the Intex valves or hoses.

If you want to hard plumb your pool, you will have to go with normal AGP returns.

This might sound weird coming from me since my thread is all about how much trouble I'm having with my plumbing upgrade but I chose the regular AGP returns so I could get away from the Intex size/compatibility issues.

Either way you have to cut the pool. My issues began because my holes are already too large so at least you won't have that problem! If you're already cutting the pool why not go with the standard fittings? Especially since I see you already have a non-intex pump/filter. It seems like for all of the customizing you might want to do, it would be better to start with standard parts so you don't have to deal with adapters or other issues along the way.

Hopefully this weekend I'll actually be able to fix my leak issues. I'm pretty confident I can do it. I have to. If everyone else can, so can I!

I've been following your thread. I remember the leveling days. What a nightmare it was! Our favorite joke was "Has it been 45 minutes yet?" because on the box that the pool came in it proclaims in big letters on the side: Ready For Water In 45 Minutes! I still ask every now and then..."Has it been 45 minutes yet?"

And Beens...lol, yeah 45 minutes.... :) That made me giggle.... :) So I'm better off installing all of my new fittings before I put water in the pool? Awesome... :) I was a little concerned with which way to do that.....

Charlie R thank you for the equipment clarification, that was exactly what I needed to hear... :)

My front yard should be finished in September this year, just in time for our spring/summer......I don't have to hurry :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.