Intex pool forum...Should they have there own?

johnnysnok

Feb 25, 2011
South Jersey
What are your thoughts on a dedicated Intex pool forum??

It seems 50% of the topics in the above ground pool forum are about Intex pools. Do you think it would be helpful to Intex owners t go directly to that forum for help and advise rather than search thru above ground??

I see this as a double edge sword, sure there are many Intex specific questions, since Intex does try to be somewhat proprietary, but at the same time we have so many Intex owners that they easily get answered in the other sections. The real problem I see here though is that the newbies would have to distinguish between a generic pool issue and an Intex specific one (What kind of Chlorine should I use in my Intex pool?...)

Ike

A pool is a pool is a pool. Even if it is only spa sized. It still needs care and chemicals to keep it clean and safe. The only thing different about Intex from a regular pool be it AG or IG is the pump and filter arrangement. You have to hand it to Intex type manufacturers, they have made pool ownership attainable for us not so "well heeled" people.

I'll open a new thread with an idea or two I have, in the pump section.

The only reason to add more sub-forums, in my opinion, is because you are getting too many active topics each day in any single sub-forum. Looking at the most active forum here, today's active topics don't even fill up one page (almost does), so there's no need to split things up further. Co-mingling is a good thing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.