Intex Pool Auto Cleaner Connector

Alecia2020

May 7, 2020
Charleston SC
Hello,
I just purchased a Intex Prism 15 X 48 pool. It has been up about a week. I noticed that it was getting dirty, so we bought one of those handy looking auto cleaners. I opened it up, put it together easy enough- but when I went to hook it up- The connector for the cleaner would not screw correctly into the return! It seems too small! Anyone know what size connector that I can order to fix this? Intex site is a nightmare, and I waited on the phone for over an hour before getting disconnected. I just want to clean the leaf debris off the bottom of my pool. Thanks a bunch!

We had the same problem and went to the hardware store and made it work with PVC fittings.
Then we realized that our pump was too weak to push it around the pool and ordered the Intex 14” pump/sand filter and that came with a new return that fit the cleaner connector perfectly.

Last edited:
It depends on what pump you have. If is one of the dinky cartridge filters definitely not. We had a 12” sand filter and upgraded to the 14”, which runs the skimmer a lot better too. We have a 16ft pool.

Attachments

• 55A564D7-8D02-4FE4-BA1C-B1911E39B886.jpeg
    55A564D7-8D02-4FE4-BA1C-B1911E39B886.jpeg
    508.7 KB · Views: 3
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.