Intex Cartridges Always Getting Clogged

nickg99

Jul 14, 2020
Oceanside, CA
Hi,

Is it normal to have to change cartridges out more than once a week?

I have the 1500 GPH Krystal Clear Cartridge Filter from Intex and it seems like there is always a film that forms and reduces the pressure.

If I rinse the filter off with a hose it usually will work again for a bit. I'm assuming since we have a small pool (550 gallons) maybe it's just sunscreen causing the problem?

I have had no issues with pool chemistry since following the TFP method.

Thanks,
Nick

My understanding is that the Intex cartridges are pretty dang flimsy... Many folks ditch the Intex stuff and get larger pool equipment.

As for the "film"... how is your water sanitation? What are you using for chlorine? Is the pool slimey feeling on the bottom or sides? Have you put any other chemicals in there?

Maddie

I'm just using liquid chlorine. I got the TF-100 test kit and everything is perfectly balanced.

I'll probably upgrade to one of their sand filters when they are back to regular prices again. Too much time wasted cleaning and swapping the cartridges.

Leave 3 tennis balls floating around. They suck up oils and lotions great seeing how it has zero to do with their intended purpose.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.