Intermittent "flow" light issues - RESOLVED

amy6152

Apr 4, 2017
Rochester, NY
Installed new Circupool SJ-20 this season and can't get it going right. The "flow" light turns from green to red every few minutes, stopping the chlorine generation, then turns green a few minutes later. I've checked the electrical connections and they all appear to be fine. I've opened up the flow switch and it also seems fine. Pointed in the correct direction, no visible issues. The flow rate itself is fast - I did try backwashing just to be sure. Made no difference. I'm losing my mind over here.

I should add, earlier in the season did seem to be working but the chlorine output wasn't high enough, even running 24 hours a day on boost. I suspect this flow light has been an issue since the beginning and I just didn't notice it was doing it. What am I missing?

Reactions: deerocks

amy6152

Apr 4, 2017
Rochester, NY
RESOLVED... Finally gave up and called Circupool's customer service. They knew all about the issue and emailed us directions to add a jumper wire to the box. Solved the problem instantly.

Reactions: Texas Splash

amy6152

Apr 4, 2017
Rochester, NY
Fix emailed to us by Circupool. We didn't have the jumper in the picture, so we just used a standard wire.

Attachments

• SJ Jumper Instructions.pdf
    249.3 KB · Views: 35

deerocks

Jun 7, 2021
Hudson, NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool SJ-20
Installed new Circupool SJ-20 this season and can't get it going right. The "flow" light turns from green to red every few minutes, stopping the chlorine generation, then turns green a few minutes later. I've checked the electrical connections and they all appear to be fine. I've opened up the flow switch and it also seems fine. Pointed in the correct direction, no visible issues. The flow rate itself is fast - I did try backwashing just to be sure. Made no difference. I'm losing my mind over here.

I should add, earlier in the season did seem to be working but the chlorine output wasn't high enough, even running 24 hours a day on boost. I suspect this flow light has been an issue since the beginning and I just didn't notice it was doing it. What am I missing?
Having same issue see my post.