Intermatic timer not switching OFF pump.

dobe12

Nov 18, 2020
Sacramento
Hi:

My Intermatic timer keeps the correct time. It turns ON the pump. It just won't turn it OFF.

I bought new trippers.
I made sure the tripper was pushed all the way in.
I then hand tightened the screw. (still didn't turn off)
I then tighten it with pliers. (still didn't turn off)
I made sure the face plate was totally seated.
I took another off tripper that works on one of my other Intermatic timers. It doesn't work with this timer.

When the off tripper is at the off time... If I barely touch the off/on switch the pump turns off. So the off tripper is engaging something in the back of the timer plate but it's not engaging it enough to turn the pump off.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help

I know they sell replacement clocks, etc. Let's see if any one has some ideas for you.

Thanks. My pool guy used some pliers to adjust the tripper. It worked but only 2 times. Now it won't turn off again.

The new trippers I bought are for Intermatic timers. Wireform said not all trippers work on all timers. I don't see any other trippers available for Intermatic timers.

Ted527 must be right. It must be something that's worn on the backside of the timer face.

I guess the timer face can't be taken off and adjusted in the back with pliers?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.