Intermatic PF1102T Timer

Jul 28, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
This timer model was installed for our pump and booster pump when we built it in 1998. In 2013 we replaced one of the timers and the in 2017 we replaced both timers at different times. Now one of the timers has gone out again. Is there a different model that others prefer with freeze protection? We're in Fort Worth, TX, so the freeze protection is a nice feature.

What failed in tbe timer? The Intermatic timers are pretty reliable.

Yes, the timer. It works if I manually turn it on. I was pretty satisfied with these timers until I had to replace them last year and they didn't work 6 months before needing replacement. Thought maybe I just received a "bad" one and then replaced both of them again and then they stopped working in less than 6 months so thought I would search out other options.

Sounds like maybe power surges or lightening strikes are taking out the clock motors.
Those Intermatic timers are about as robust as you can find.

The T104 mechanical timers may be a little more robust if you want to try those. You can buy a standalone freeze protection relay and wire it parallel to the timer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.