Intellitouch not recognizing intelliflo

Oct 29, 2016
Spring/TX
Hi all, I have an Intellitouch system running firmware 1.16. I recently installed an Intelliflo VSF and the installer (a Pentair certified) connected it to J7 on the Intellitouch panel. When we brought up the equipment screen, there was nothing on the left hand side, while the right hand side lists solar, 2-Sp pump, filter delay, manual heat, degrees c/f. He called the Pentair guy and was told my Intellitouch firmware was too old to control an Intelliflo variable speed pump and I need to replace the motherboard. Is this correct?

For the moment, I am using the Intellitouch to turn the pump power on/off and have the pump set to Manual mode. It works for pool use but requires me to go the pump and change the program to a higher speed for spa use. Not awful but a pain in the rear..

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, don't replace the board! It can be flashed to the latest which is now 1.190 (I just did this to a 1.100 board).

Pentair updated Easytouch/Intellitouch in June and according to the readme both systems got some VSF fixes.

(Easytouch UOC/UIC boards prior to May 2008 are stuck at 1.060 and cannot be updated to 2.xxx because their micro-controllers only have 1/2 the flash - Intellitouch UOC/UIC boards have used the same size flash for all firmware revisions)

Tom

Forgot to mention... if you do get your firmware updated, you'll want to update the outdoor controller and any indoor or wireless controllers that you've got.

This applies to both Intellitouch and Easytouch systems... your system will function with mismatched firmware, but new functions will not work from devices with older firmware (such as setting up VSF pumps etc.)

Thanks for the info Ogdento! Did you flash the board yourself or get a Pentair pro (or indy) to do it? If you did it yourself, what equipment did you need and where did you get the latest firmware image? I'm an electrical engineer so I'm willing to dig in and do it myself if the equipment is reasonably priced.

Hey Blair,
I flashed the boards myself... I built a little adapter cable, got a PE Micro BDM parallel port and the prog12z software. Some of the scripts had to be modified too. The details for how to do it are all in this great thread JerryT started:
Tom

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.