Intellipro VSP Power out Failure

Oct 20, 2016
Tucson Arizona
This is out of the box, right after the pump was installed. The first message on the LED is ALARM Power out Failure. I am not sure what to do to get it to reset?
Anyone have any ideas, I've tried the Enter and Reset, the UP Down arrow #1 no movement. Any suggestions are welcome

Welcome to TFP.

What model GFCI CB is the pump connected to?

KJ,

The very first thing to do is measure the input voltage to the new pump.. Measure between L1 and L2... Do not measure L1 to ground and L2 to ground..

Tell us what voltage you get.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Welcome to TFP.

What model GFCI CB is the pump connected to?

Allen, First, thanks for the reply. As I mentioned to Jim R. this is the same set up as an earlier version of the pump worked off of. How would it change? or has the pump requirements changed?

Ok, you might have a power supply problem. The next step is to verify the voltage to the pump.

Try Turning off the breaker for a few minutes and then back on.

Can you describe the wiring from the house breaker to the pump?

Kevin,

When troubleshooting it is never a good idea to assume or start in the middle... That is why James and I asked what the input voltage is actually reading.. Like you, I assume that the voltage is going to be ok if it was working before... but years of troubleshooting experience has taught me to never trust an assumption, and to never believe what the previous tech said was true unless you tested it yourself.. :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Did the alarm not clear by itself? I used to run my Intelliflo off a mechanical timer. It was normal for it to show that alarm every time power came on via timer. It would reset itself and work normally very quickly. It was just complaining it had lost power, then it got over it.

I'm wondering if the old pump was actually bad or if there's just an electrical issue.

During troubleshooting of the old pump, I would have expected that the power supply would have been checked.

Maybe it's two related issues. Maybe a bad power supply damaged the pump or maybe a bad pump damaged the power supply.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.