Intelliflo pump wont start when I press Filter button on Pentair easy touch panel

Jun 21, 2013
So when I press the filter pump button, the red LED on back of button turns on, POOL appears on easy touch display, but pump doesn't turn on and pump panel states display not active. When I press the vacuum pump button, the vacuum pump comes on and the intelliflo pump comes on. The intelliflo pump then cuts back to minimum speed. I can run the intelliflo pump if I use the controls on the pump itself. Any ideas? Thanks.

Wabbit,

I don't ever use the Pump/Filter button to turn my pump on... If you turn a scheduled item on/off, depending on when you do it, you can screw up the normal schedule for a day or so.. :scratch:

When the pump says "Display not active" it just means the EasyTouch is in control.. To use the pump's control panel you need to be in the service mode.

Is this just a one time occurrence? Have you done any recent program changes?

Do you have ScreenLogic??

I can't think of anything obvious that should cause the problem??

Thanks,

Jim R.

Jim, Ive read a bunch of your replies in the other threads with similar issues. Thanks for all the info. It doesn't come on when the schedule asks it too either. Yesterday I put the ET in service mode and turned the pump on manually to get some filtering in my pool. So the pump is fine, the power is fine, the display not active is showing when not in service mode, so the communication seems fine. Ive got a few ideas from your prior posts to look around at this evening after work; around the pump type setting, different speed settings etc. One thing that surprised me that I guess doesn't matter, is that in my setup, pump 1 is the vacuum pump with AUX 1 as its setting. Pump 2 is the filter pump with POOL as its setting.

FYI, my wife messed with the pool lights setting trying to get red white and blue for 4th July. But im pretty sure I ran it once after she had messed with it and it worked fine. Went out of town for a couple days and now not working.

Wabbit,

The IntelliFlo should get constant AC power from the circuit breaker.. The power to the IntelliFlo does NOT go through any relay..

The Pump/Filter relay only comes on when the system is in the Pool or Spa mode.. In theory, the relay in the upper left is the pump filter relay. But.. some installers are just lazy so they use a different physical relay.. As long as it is plugged into the Pump/Filter connection on the main board it will work fine.. It just makes trouble shooting harder as you have to figure out which relay does what..

Do you have an EasyTouch "lite" or a full-up EasyTouch? If you don't have a load center with circuit breakers inside your EasyTouch, then you have a lite model.. This means you only have a max of 4 schedules.. I only ask because you can add more schedules, they just don't work. If you have ScreenLogic, show me the following set up pages..

View media item 1964

Thanks,

Jim R.

And I don't have screen logic.

Wabbit,

That is too bad, as it just makes troubleshooting over the internet harder... ☹

Menu, Menu, Schedules .. Find "Pool"
Select Pool and tell me what the display says... Mine says this..

Pool 1/1 means there is only one pool schedule
Mode - Schedule mode.. Needs to say schedule if you want it to come on based on time.
7 am - 5 pm.. Start time and off time
SMTWTFS Days scheduled have a line over them.

Menu, Menu, Settings..
IntelliFlo, Select
Pump #1, Select
Speeds, Select Should show something like this..

Pump#1 1/8 - Showing speed one of eight
RPM 1250 - Shows speed to run when the following Circuit is on..
Circuit
[ Pool ]

Let me know what you see..

Do you have two IntelliFlo pumps?? If so, one will physically be the Main pool pump and the other will not.. I don't think it matters which is pump #1 or 2, but you must have the right programming going to the right physical pump.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.