Intelliflo Owners - Hear a Soft Squeak on Start/Stop ?

ride525

Gold Supporter
Jun 17, 2010
Pleasanton, CA
Intelliflo Owners,

I installed my Intelliflo VF last week, and I hear a very soft "squeak" noise immediately on start, and about 1/2 second after I push stop (probably when the pump stops spinning). It sounds a bit like coming from middle of pump, but hard to tell for sure. Sounds a bit like a plastic squeak, like the pump controller plastic cover, but that's not it.

Just wondered if other Intelliflo owners heard this. It's pretty soft, you can definitely hear it when you listen at start and stop of pump.

Contacted Pentair via their pump blog, and one other recent Intelliflo owner and poster also remembered hearing a squeak, although he has to check to identify where it is coming from, the pump or a nearby Jandy valve. Pentair is checking with their engineers.

Thanks for any input,

Jeff

Comparing noises over the Internet...but I think I have the same on a VS-3050 (which is the same pump except for controller module).

ride525 said:
Intelliflo tech said this soft squeak noise is normal on start/stop, after checking with engineers.

In fact, he listened to two year old Intelliflo and heard it last night.

Glad to hear that. I haven't heard the noise from my VF but I haven't been listening specifically for it. When I shut the pump on/off, at the pump's control panel, I'm under the deck, leaning over it, with my head about 24" from the pump. I have pretty good hearing. It may be normal but I'll bet not all of them do it. I will, though, listen more carefully, when I'm next down there.

Thanks for the detective work. :goodjob:

gg=alice

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.