Intelliconnect Wifi Connectoin

superdave10

Oct 15, 2021
Springdale, AR
I am working on installing and Intelliconnect and am having an issue with connecting to the network. The IC will find the network, but when I enter the password, it comes back with a "Wrong Password" error.

I'm using an Eero 6 pro wifi network. I've temporarily disabled the 5 ghz band as I thought that may be the issue, but that didn't work either. I appreciate any advice I can get from the group.

Welcome to TFP.

Have you tried calling Pentair Support?

Is the "Wrong Password" for connecting to the SSID or connecting to the IntelliConnect server?

What SSID authentication and encryption is your Eero set to? WEP? WPA?

I would downgrade the authenticate on the SSID or turn it off and see if you can get a connection. That would at least point exactly where the problem is.

Last edited:
Yes. They walked me through a few potential solutions, including disabling the 5ghz band on my router, but none of them worked.
Did you try to set up a Guest Network on EERO? Then try to connect to that. I had read somewhere (not in this forum) that helps with devices that are looking only for a 2.4ghz connection.

Is the "Wrong Password" for connecting to the SSID or connecting to the IntelliConnect server?

What SSID authentication and encryption is your Eero set to? WEP? WPA?

I would downgrade the authenticate on the SSID or turn it off and see if you can get a connection. That would at least point exactly where the problem is.
Did you try to set up a Guest Network on EERO? Then try to connect to that. I had read somewhere (not in this forum) that helps with devices that are looking only for a 2.4ghz connection.
Yes, I did set up a guest network and killed the 5ghz on that network as well, but still has the same issue.

The eero pro 6 uses WPA2 PSK AES network security. It does. It support WEP, WPA, or WPS.

I have a cellular mifi that I’m going to try to connect to today. At least then I may be able to isolate if it’s a problem with my network or a problem with the Intelliconnect servers.

Update: I have connected the Intelliconnect to my cellular mifi device and it's working great. That tells me that there is something that the IC doesn't like about my eero network. At some point, maybe I'll have hours to spend on the phone with tech support for them to determine how to overcome the issue.

If anyone has dealt with a similar issue, I'd love to hear any ideas.

Do you have any special characters in your SSID or password? I've read a few threads here that have talked about Pentair wifi problems because of that, although most of them were talking about the Intellicenter.

I didn't have any issues connecting my Intelliconnect to my network, but I have a plain SSID and password.

Last edited:
As a point of reference, the Jandy antenna (they call it 2.0) would not connect to mesh networks such as Eero. Then they came out with a new antenna (called 3.0) which was "enhanced" to work properly. I have eero mesh network and the Jandy 3.0 iAquaLink automation and it works fine. So Jandy figured it out. Hopefully Pentair can figure it out as well. I have not seen where anyone with an IntelliCenter was having issues with mesh networks so maybe it is isolated to the IntelliConnect. It may have a different antenna then IntelliCenter. Just trying to give you some ideas if you get through to Pentair support.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.