IntelliConnect - Additional relay?

the green and yellow wires are more blue and yellow.

Color of the wire does not matter as long as you connect like with like color terminals.

They connect green and yellow on the intellichlor block (4 terminal block with green/yellow/black/red) and the corresponding green yellow rs 485 in intelliconnect ?

Correct. Green to green and yellow to yellow.

Last edited:
I have a 240v spa bubbler for relay one and 120v pool lights for relay 2. I assume 2 hot Line in for 240v and out to finish powering the bubbler and the same for pool lights except one hot and one neutral ?

You don't switch neutrals.

120V just uses LINE1 for hot wire and LOAD1 to light,

neutral isn’t introduced in the relay? Just line (power) in and out?

Third time saying you don't switch neutrals. Wire nut neutrals together.

You switch hot lines through the relay.

If you are working with an electrician he should know that. It is Wiring 101.

I guess I don’t know what wire nut neutrals means

You have four wire nut connections in the pic you posted.

Do you know the neutral wire form the CB?

Do you know the neutral wire from the light?

I have lost track, what light are you connecting? A 120V light or a 12V transformer?

What red light is blinking?

Post pics showing your relays and wiring.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Are you switching the 12V output side of the transformer with the relay or the 120V input to the transformer?

Are you switching the 12V output side of the transformer with the relay or the 120V input to the transformer?

low voltage transformer plugs into gfci outlet and works as expected. Gfci is wired to relay #2 line in and then line out goes directly to the 3 lights. The expectation is gfci will always work with low voltage lighting that’s plugged in and intelliconnect will allow switching of the pool lights independently

low voltage transformer plugs into gfci outlet and works as expected. Gfci is wired to relay #2 line in and then line out goes directly to the 3 lights. The expectation is gfci will always work with low voltage lighting that’s plugged in and intelliconnect will allow switching of the pool lights independently

I am sorry but your words make no sense. If you cannot clearly explain what you did I recommend you get an electrician involved.

I am sorry but your words make no sense. If you cannot clearly explain what you did I recommend you get an electrician involve

I am not sure how else to explain it? GFCI outlet is powering Relay #2's LINE IN. LINE OUT goes to the pool lights. Relay #2 is blinking red. The GFCI is working properly. Relay #1 is working properly. I cannot explain blinking red light.

Have you read the Installation Manual? https://lesl.a.bigcontent.io/v1/static/intelliconnect-manual-english see page 5.

Have you designated Relay 2 as being a light in the app?

Wiring Pool Lights
A pool light will be wired to Relay 1 or Relay 2 on the high voltage side of the enclosure (see Figure 5, on previous page). Relay output is rated at 120-volts, 16- amp maximum and 240-volts, 15-amp maximum. Check the electrical rating marked on the light housing before connecting it to the system.
In the Link2O app, the user will designate a white pool light as "Light" or a color light as "Pentair Color Light".

Have you read the Installation Manual? https://lesl.a.bigcontent.io/v1/static/intelliconnect-manual-english see page 5.

Have you designated Relay 2 as being a light in the app?

Wiring Pool Lights
A pool light will be wired to Relay 1 or Relay 2 on the high voltage side of the enclosure (see Figure 5, on previous page). Relay output is rated at 120-volts, 16- amp maximum and 240-volts, 15-amp maximum. Check the electrical rating marked on the light housing before connecting it to the system.
In the Link2O app, the user will designate a white pool light as "Light" or a color light as "Pentair Color Light".

Apologies -- I missed that. Relay #1 worked out of the box, I didn't even consider lights would be handled differently. So, Link20 app needs a Device ID to create an account. The app says it's listed on the front of the manual -- It is not or the back of the box cover -- It's bolted against a board outside... Also, the app says to migrate to the new Pentair App. I installed the app and tried to install the IntelliConnect but it gives a "Invalid login or password" when the "PIF" number is entered. My account has already been created and verified via e-mail. So, I can't use the app and I can't configure the relay. I've read other ppl not thrilled with the app...

I'm trying my good man. Appreciate the patience. :)

Last edited:
Pool lights are resolved. I have a spa light and 2 colored lights in pool. Not sure what to tell Intelliconnect it is?

last issue appear to be connecting the gas heater. The only connection is to the heaters fireman switch which was connected to my timer. Is that all I need? Intelliconnect will physically kill the power ever time it reaches temperature rather than setting the temp on the panel and keeping power to it ?

Intelliconnect will open and close the Firemans Switch to cycle the heater as needed.

Thanks -- I didn't think it completely shut off power every time it reaches temperature meaning the heater will completely turn off/on multiple times throughout the day. No other power/connections are now needed for the heater -- correct?

Thanks -- I didn't think it completely shut off power every time it reaches temperature meaning the heater will completely turn off/on multiple times throughout the day.

The heater will start and stop running based on the water temperature the IntelliConnect sees to mainatin the heater setpoint in the IntelliConnect..

No other power/connections are now needed for the heater -- correct?

No, If your heater requires AC power to operate it needs to be connected to a circuit breaker.

The Firemans switch is a low voltage switch.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.