Intellichlor Pool and Spa Output %

2% is a good place to start.. Each pool is different.. You just need to test and see where you are... After you use the spa, check the FC level of the spa water. If low, then raise your spa % a little.. If too much FC, then decrease the %... I personally would rather run a little "hot" on the spa FC rather then having the FC be too low.

Thanks,

Jim R.

P,

I would not let a "pool guy" within a hundred yards of my pool... :mrgreen:

I like to personally test my pool and spa water and then use science to determine what I add or do not add to my water..

It is your pool, and you can do whatever you want, but without testing you are just guessing...

Thanks,

Jim R.

P,

I would not let a "pool guy" within a hundred yards of my pool... :mrgreen:

I like to personally test my pool and spa water and then use science to determine what I add or do not add to my water..

It is your pool, and you can do whatever you want, but without testing you are just guessing...

Thanks,

Jim R.
I second this. Use pool math to determine the %. You’ll need a good estimate of the gallons of the pool vs spa. I’m assuming the 13k gallons is for both? I change my % settings based on my PPM loss per day, which changes.

Also...you run your pump for 8 hours. That’s for just the pool? How long do you run it for the spa? Is there a spillover mode you use?

The purpose of the Spa % is to prevent you from soaking in very high FC when in the Spa mode... This is why you need to check it right after you get out of the spa.. If really high you should turn the % down.. If about the same as the pool water leave it alone.. If very low, crank it up a little...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.