Intellichlor IC40, No power light, replace fuse R n R

fozzir

Nov 17, 2009
San Diego
I just noticed today my less than 1 year old SWG lights are not on despite power to the pump. I removed the door to the power station and everything looks sounds. I would like to replace the fuse at the bottom to troubleshoot as the light to the power center does not come on when pump is on. Does anyone know how to get that fuse out? It's at the bottom of the power center with a spring action plastic insert with a grey flathead tip. I put a screwdriver in there, pushed in, turned and it doesn't pop out. Any ideas on this or further troubleshoot of power to SWG?

Bama Rambler

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 22, 2009
SouthWest Alabama
Take a picture of it and post it, but if it's what I'm thinking of, sometimes the spring gets collapased or the fuse breaks and the holder won't "pop" out. Once you turn it counter clockwise take a piece of tape and stick to the top of it and pull it out.

Bama Rambler

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 22, 2009
SouthWest Alabama
That's exactly the one I had pictured. Push it in a little and turn it counter-clockwise then stick something to it to remove it.

fozzir

Nov 17, 2009
San Diego
Thank you, I was able to get the fuse out now and sadly it looks good. Anything else I can look at before I call the 1-800#?

Pool Clown

In The Industry
Sep 5, 2008
Silicon Valley, CA
I realize that you probably would like to fix this without the hassle of calling it in but, If it is close to a year, you need to call Pentair before its too late, and there is a possible warranty/ no warranty issue.

fozzir

Nov 17, 2009
San Diego
This unit came with the pool so I just called my installer. He's going to send someone out to check it out. I'll keep you'all updated. Thanks for the help so far.

fozzir

Nov 17, 2009
San Diego
susa said:
Where did you buy replacement fuse or did Pentair/Installer send one?
I didn't buy it, my installer did. I would just take the fuse out and bring to home depot or autozone and they should have that kind of fuse.