Intellichlor IC40 LED OUT

Apr 3, 2018
Orlando, FL
I recently notice neither the low or good salt LED light is lite on my IC40. When the unit is first turned on, the RED salt light flashes but the green never does. After speaking with Pentair, they believe its a blown led light as they state on power up, both the green and red should flash. I dont remember if that is the case, can someone verify?

If it is a blow green salt LED light, the only option is replacing the entire unit or just living with it? All other LED light indicators work perfectly and i believe the unit is still producing chlorine.

Appreciate any feedback.

d,

Welcome to TFP... a great place to find the answers to all your "Red - Green" questions... :shark:

Yes, when an Intellichlor first turns on the Red (Low) and Green (Good) LEDs will flash back and forth for about 5 minutes, while the system is calibrating itself...

You can run forever without the Good light... The red light is more important as the cell will quit producing chlorine if the salt level is too low. It will continue to produce chlorine if the salt level is too high.

I would suggest that you get the Taylor K-1766 salt kit so that you have an accurate way of determining the actual salt level in your pool water.

Do you have a standalone salt system or do you have an EasyTouch automation system?... If you have the EasyTouch, you should get ScreenLogic2, as then you would not need to see any of the Cell's lights...

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

Thanks Jim for the welcome and your feedback.

Good point, who cares about the green. I will have to pick up the taylor K-1766 salt kit as i do not have an EasyTouch automation system.
Initially, i thought no light meant no salt at all based on internet feedback, so im expecting my salt level to be HIGH as i added additional bags LOL SMH

Thanks again

d,

The Intellichlor cells often have accuracy issues with their salt readings... The are not all that accurate to begin with (+/- 600 ppm) and the temperature sensor in the flow switch often goes bad causing the cell to "think" the salt level is low when it is not... So being able to tell the actual salt level can come in handy..

Just something to keep in mind if the cell say "Too Low" when you know for sure the salt level is ok...

The flow switch is an easy DIY fix for about $100 bucks or less. *** this will not fix your bad LED..***

Thanks,

Jim R.

d,

James brings up a good point... I was assuming that the cell was no longer under warranty... If still under warranty, you would be foolish not to have the cell replaced at no charge..

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.