Intellichlor IC40 all lights green but not generating chlorine

May 13, 2012
Santa Clara, CA
Yesterday I notice a flashing green light to check cell. When I opened it up there was a good amount of calcium build up which was surprising since I just cleaned it a little over a month ago. I cleaned it again and started up with all lights showing green and no flash. Since I had no chlorine and no liquid to add I cranked it up to 100% and ran it overnight. This morning when I tested the water still no chlorine. Lights are all showing green with nothing indicating a problem. The cell is 8 yrs old so I thinking it may be dead. Thought I'd check hear to see if there is anything I should look into before buying a new cell.

Add sufficient liquid chlorine to raise your FC to target range for your CYA.

You can also do a Overnight Chlorine Loss Test tonight.

Odd that all lights are showing good if you think there is a problem.

What is your CSI of the pool water? Should not get scale build up in the SWCG if water chemistry parameters are maintained.

I added a couple of jumbo tabs yesterday afternoon and tested this morning. Pool temp 79, FC 2.5, PH 7.4, TA 100, CH 550, CYA 50. I was running the chlorinator at 100% and just now lowered it to 60% to see if it drops or increases in the next 24 hrs. I still thinking it's most likely a bad cell.

Are you seeing bubbles out of the returns when the SWCG is showing as generating.

Use liquid chlorine to raise your FC.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.