Intellichlor IC40 all lights green but not generating chlorine

firnatine

May 13, 2012
Santa Clara, CA
Yesterday I notice a flashing green light to check cell. When I opened it up there was a good amount of calcium build up which was surprising since I just cleaned it a little over a month ago. I cleaned it again and started up with all lights showing green and no flash. Since I had no chlorine and no liquid to add I cranked it up to 100% and ran it overnight. This morning when I tested the water still no chlorine. Lights are all showing green with nothing indicating a problem. The cell is 8 yrs old so I thinking it may be dead. Thought I'd check hear to see if there is anything I should look into before buying a new cell.

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
Add sufficient liquid chlorine to raise your FC to target range for your CYA.

You can also do a Overnight Chlorine Loss Test tonight.

Odd that all lights are showing good if you think there is a problem.

What is your CSI of the pool water? Should not get scale build up in the SWCG if water chemistry parameters are maintained.

Jimrahbe

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2014
Bedford, TX
F,

At 8 years old, I would also think the cell is done.. That said, normally, if the the cell light is on solid and not blinking, the cell is generating chlorine.

Thanks,

Jim R.

firnatine

May 13, 2012
Santa Clara, CA
I added a couple of jumbo tabs yesterday afternoon and tested this morning. Pool temp 79, FC 2.5, PH 7.4, TA 100, CH 550, CYA 50. I was running the chlorinator at 100% and just now lowered it to 60% to see if it drops or increases in the next 24 hrs. I still thinking it's most likely a bad cell.

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
Are you seeing bubbles out of the returns when the SWCG is showing as generating.

Use liquid chlorine to raise your FC.