Intellichlor ic 15 little chlorine

chaspools

Bronze Supporter
In The Industry
Apr 11, 2012
At a pool I started taking care 3 months ago, it has an intellichlor ic15 that is producing a very small amount of chlorine. running 12 hours at 100%, the 6k gallon fiberglass pool is staying at about a 1.0 or a little less. The pool was installed by a different company about 7 months ago and was using chlorine tablets because they were told to wait until the water was 75° to switch over to salt. Today it has started clouding up. What might be the issue?
salt: 3200
Fc-.7
Ph- 7.8
alk-90
Cya-70
Calcium-220

The FC is too low. You will now need to follow the SLAM Process. The algae in your pool is consuming the FC faster than the SWCG can create it.

Once you pass the three criteria, set up the SWCG to maintain the FC in the target range for your CYA..

Will do. Thank you.
It’s just weird because the pool looked perfect before and has except for recently looked perfect. I haven’t noticed any algae in it. Since I took it over, the SWG has consistently only put out a small amount of chlorine. Or at least that is what is showing up in the readings.

Also, the pool is being heavily used as the client has kids that are not in school and thus every time I go there they are in the pool. Is it possible that with South Carolina 90° days, and the pool being only 6000 gallons, even with the IC15 chlorinator cranked up to 100% and the pool running 14 hours, that is not enough to keep up?

The IC15 will generate 0.5 ppm FC per hour in that pool running at 100% output.
If it cannot keep up running 14 hours @ 100%, it has organics in the water that need eradicated.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.